We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and complying with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
1. Collection of personal information
- 1.1 ‘Personal Information’ means information we hold about you where your identity is either clear or can be reasonably determined.
- 1.2 The kinds of personal information
that we collect include:
- a) contact details such as name, address, email address, mobile number and telephone number;
- b) your date of birth, gender
- c) information relating to your profile when creating an account with us;
- d) information regarding our communications with you;
- e) information about services you have accessed;
- f) communication between us;
- g) credit card information;
- h) information from a social media service where you have accessed or logged into our Website through a third party media service, such as Facebook;
- i) any other information requested on our Website or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
- 1.3 We collect personal information
by various means including, but not limited to, when:
- a) you create an account with us via our Website;
- b) you contact us with a question, inquiry or request for service;
- c) you access our Website and sign up using you Facebook, Google or other social media profile;
- d) you interact with us in any way; and
- e) you visit our Website.
2. Use of your Personal Information
- 2.1 We use the personal information collected to provide services to you as an account holder with us and to identify you as required to comply with our legal obligations.
- 2.2 We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our services and respond to your queries about our services.
- 2.3 We also use your personal information for marketing purposes, to improve our service and to notify you of opportunities that we think you might be interested in.
- 2.4 We do not share your personal information with other organisations unless you have given us consent to do so or where sharing is otherwise permitted or required by law.
3. Information collected on our Website and Cookies
- 3.1 For each visitor to our Website, we collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to pages viewed while browsing the site, browser and operating systems, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you using out Website.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, unauthorised access to your personal information could occur. In such circumstances, we are not liable for any unauthorised access to your personal information. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk. In the event of loss of your personal information, we will comply with our legal obligations and either notify you directly, where possible, or publish a notice on our website concerning the unauthorised access.
5. Facebook Pixel
With your permission, our website utilises the Conversion Tracking Pixel service of Facebook Inc. This allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to our website by clicking on an advertisement within Facebook.
While the data is anonymous when provided to us, Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account. Facebook can use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found here:
6. Accessing your personal information
- 6.1 You have a right to request access to your personal information held by us in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you would like to do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6.2 You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
- 6.3 We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
7. Third party services and tracking
- 7.1 We use third party tracking software and services and allow those services to track any clicks through their respective websites.
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to email@example.com. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
Dated: 22nd January 2020