SuperCoach Draft selection talk

SC Playbook Forums 2021 NRL SuperCoach season SuperCoach Draft selection talk

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

DRAFT CHAT! Drop your questions and provide feedback for the SuperCoach community here to help nail your SuperCoach Draft team. The SC Playbook contributors will be chipping in with our own thoughts to help you through the pre-season.

joshhogan58
      Participant

Hey everyone, how high should Tom Trbojevic be going in the draft order this season? Too much of a risk with injury or do you think we can pick him up later with people being scared off due to his hammy injuries? Thinking 3-5 or not worth it that high up?

scottw2706
      Participant

I think anywhere mid-late Rd 1. I’d probably take Cook, Ponga or maybe even Papy (if GK) ahead of him in the number 3-5 spots. I drafted him at pick 7 last year (!) so he’ll probably go even later in my league this year.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Yep, he’ll be a big watch in the trials to see how he’s moving, but surely on pedigree he has to be round 1. Wouldn’t want to go too high in case of reinjury, but to grab him late round 1 would be a monster play. He’d be top 3 if 100% fit, big decision to make.

– TW

scottw2706
      Participant

If Cam Smith doesn’t officially announce retirement but also doesn’t sign with an NRL team, do you stash him and if so what round would you pick him?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Will definitely be a stash option regardless, but what round? Do you bite the bullet and go relatively early?

– TW

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by SC Playbook.
      Belemy77
      Participant

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Belemy77.
      Calvin86
      Participant

Hi Guys,

With the latest news that Payten has been rotating Holmes, Hammer and Drinkwater at fullback.

How high would you draft Holmes now?

Before this news I had him in the 3rd round due to his CTW eligibility.

But now I’m not sure if it’s worth the risk?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey Calvin,

I still quite like Val in the third round, that CTW availability is huge for a player of his consistency and upside, but obviously you’d want to see how the trial game against Brisbane plays out on Feb 27.

That trial should pretty well tell us who will be the fullback as it’s their only official trial.

Hopefully your Draft is after this as it’ll help the decision a lot. If it’s before then yes Val is probably fairly risky.

I think he’ll be their number one pretty comfortably still, but it’s concerning.

Cheers

– TW

Calvin86
      Participant

Thanks for the advice Tim, our draft is before the trial unfortunately, but I think I’ll still pull the trigger on him

scottw2706
      Participant

I couldn’t draft Val in Round 3 unless he is confirmed to play fullback. Apparently he played wing against the Blackhawks on the weekend with Drinkwater at fullback. He’ll surely still be a decent CTW option if playing wing but more a Rd 6ish pick for me.

MrSmith
      Participant

Hey gents new to the forum side of the site glad it’s up and running I have a 6 man NRL draft (1 spot left) with the possibility of it turning into a dynasty (if SC have it available next season), $20 entry with some Twitter guys in there as well…drafting tomorrow 6/3 1230pm we have 1 spot left all welcome please reply to this if it pricks your ears 😊

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by MrSmith.
      MrSmith
      Participant

filled gents thanks

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.