Round 9 Trade Chat

SC Playbook Forums 2021 NRL SuperCoach season Round 9 Trade Chat

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Drop all your NRL SuperCoach questions and feedback ahead of Round 9 here.

mattmobster
      Participant

Bang average 1232.
      Fifita c disappointed.

How long before we auto C Walker?!

Condon gone! Done his job. Hello Tohu.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Walker, freak… Hard to see the need to play a half outside of Walker or Cleary this year which is now a bit boring! Doesn’t take much for things to change though as we know.

Yep $160k from Condon, well played mate… Also thinking Tohu, especially now Murray is injured.

– TW

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by SC Playbook.
      Gus Winfrey
      Participant

Only trade I am contemplating is to bring in TPJ or JFH for Lodge or Capewell. Might just skip it altogether and save trades this week. Other option is waiting for Matto to bottom out in 2 weeks and trade him in for Capewell. Lodge is just turning into an inadequate starting FR in SC atm. I just know if I trade Lodge to TPJ it will be the week he gets sin binned and suspended for the next 2-3 weeks.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Yep TPJ so enticing, I traded in a few weeks back and has been great since. Looks locked into that 80 minute edge role.

Had a try-assist taken off him which was fairly unlucky that would have been 90+ again. Always risky TPJ but the upside is huge at the moment.

Much prefer him to JFH.

– TW

Bevchenko
      Participant

1,294 this week.
      Ponga my lowest scoring unique which cost me a H2H by 8 points.

Bit of cash in the bank, haven’t decided who to bring in yet. What trades are everyone else looking at>?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Solid enough week Bev, Ponga hurts but he’ll bounce back leading into Origin.

Considering Curran in for Condon, still plenty of cash to be made by the looks.

What are you thinking early?

– TW

Bevchenko
      Participant

Will Ikuvalu be the main beneficiary to the Morris injury? If so, will be high on my list.

Plenty of holes to fill. CTW/FRF.

SCSpy
        Participant

I’m a huge fan of him mate and check out his 2 week draw from next week 👌 He will be in my side id say next week!

Bevchenko
      Participant

Just had a good look.

Uto > Panagi easy one for me.

Then maybe Capewell > Ikuvalu/Tupou

gardenbachopjackson
      Participant

Who would be the best to go early on out of Cini and Feagai?

michaelfisher
        Participant

Just had a look at last weeks stats. Think I need to backflip on my original call. Feagai’s base + power was up over 40, so would go him

SCSpy
          Participant

Great call Fish! And plays Brissy round week if he holds the spot…

Border Sc
          Participant

Ive watched a few Cini Nsw cup games, loves a tackle break. leading the nsw cup for that stat. and most runs and meters, and 4th for offloads, Feagai only better for tries.

scott.dorward
      Participant

I’m trading stains and fusitua and have 765,300 to spend, starting CTWs are To’o Fergo Laurie and Staines atm. What do you guys think?

michaelfisher
        Participant

Val Holmes could be a goer, with a decent run coming up, including the Broncs this week

scott.dorward
          Participant

Yeah vals looking interesting, but I might anti pod him, I don’t trust what’s happening in NQ at the moment. Need to see a bit more and I might become a believer

SCSpy
        Participant

Ikuvalu ?

scott.dorward
          Participant

I ended up going a 100% different way as a ploy to get Paps back in cheaply, went

Barnett > Pangai
          Teddy > Gutho

trade Gutho > Papz in a week or two and turbo > Ponga after origin

But Ikuvalu is going to be Staines replacement in a week or two for sure

michaelfisher
      Participant

Cini for mine. I believe he’s won his spot. Was also the stat leader for tackle breaks in NSW Cup this round

yumyumyum
      Participant

H2H player. Traded in Zac Lomax from my beloved dragons 2 weeks back and he’s lost about $100K while scoring me 25 and 5… can’t help injuries but that one hurts.

Traded PAppy>Turbo next week so have a bank, thinking this week:

– Bringing in Harry Grant for Watson (Great POD for my H2H, I’m banking Harry will just get more $ from here)
      – Bringing in a CTW Gun for Lomax… not sure who

What CTW are people eyeying? I have To’o currently. Feeling like Bradman Best could be a season long keeper, but nofo may come good and Kelly is cheap right now…

My team:
      Brailey / Watson (to be come H Grant)
      Welch / Tino / Uto / Leniu
      DFifita / Angus / Barnett / Curran / RJames / Blore
      Cleary / Walker
      Luai / Schuster
      To’o / Zac Lomax… to someone / Laurie / Capewell / Staines / Saab / Simmo
      Turbo / Teddy

Brew
      Participant

Ikavalu will certainly benefit and take that spot. Robbo is reluctant to debut Sualli at this point.

He’s a bit pricey, I also like Tupou. Great base and huge average boost since SkyWalker took over.

Brew
      Participant

@yumyumyum
      Love the Grant move, particularly if you’re H2H focused. I’d pass on Kelly myself. Doesn’t get as much base with Fifita scoring all the pies. A bottomed out Best could be a really great move, worst case he’s a top bye number.

Brew
      Participant

@gardenbach
      Will be an interesting debate. Cini is the better player but due to draw I’d be going Feagai this week, dragons backline is battered. Should hold spot for 5-6 weeks.

graememarlow
      Participant

Trades-

Val or Sivo (or alternate CTW)
      Haas or TPJ (or alternate prop)

michaelfisher
        Participant

Val – think he’ll be close to best CTW this season, provided he can hold down kicking & FB spot
        TPJ – Form, DPP & will hopefully cover rd 13

Brew
          Participant

Depending on your trade situation id go Sivo. Extra bye points and potentially could sell higher in round 14.

Generally speaking Val is an elite CTW, Sivo is not.

TPJ easily over Haas for mine. I don’t think Haas is a must have from what I’ve seen sofar.

luke richo
      Participant

Hi lads, how critical is the bye round? I’m thinking if I get a few players that I think will outscore a bye player 3 weeks back their 4 weeks – the trade is worth it?

Ie Tupou vs best/nofo and other popular trade ins (sivo/rsmith/peachy) etc this week. I see Tupou who has eels,cboys,broncs out scoring nofo/best over 4 weeks. Don’t see him getting rested by roosters over origin so less trades for my team moving forward as a keeper ctw.

Thoughts?

Brew
        Participant

Work out an estimate for 4 rounds v 5 rounds (for example) and see what the difference is. If it’s sub 40-50 I’d take the player I want and save the trade.

You’d be surprised what ground you can catch up whilst others are stone cold out of trades at the end.

SCSpy
      Participant

Teams named now! Lets do this!

Brew
        Participant

Bring on the podcast

Brew
      Participant

With a clearer picture now post TLT. Is it worth forking out the big bucks for Papalii or better having 200k taking Pangai and using funds elsewhere?

Podcast tweet question, open forum folks, thoughts

michaelfisher
        Participant

I’d go Papali’i Brewster. He looks worth the cash & covers 13. Granted TPJ probably will too, but Papali’i looks the best FRF this season & could be a lock capt for rd 13

SCSpy
          Participant

Bloodyconcerning haha
          Parramatta have had a ridiculous run so let’s see how he goes with matto back against a few decent sides! Even if he can average 70-75 I’ll sleep easier haha then pick him up for mid 600s pre bye! Nervous times…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by SCSpy.
          SCSpy
          Participant

Welch to him will be the trade just hoping he can stay near him over the next little period..

Brew
            Participant

Passing on Papii
            I don’t believe he can sustain that price tag and he’s 50% owned in the top 1000. I’ll zag before I zig on this one!

thomasolsen7
      Participant

Not sure on the trades this week. I’m definitely going Curran for either Condon or fuimaono. Who do you guys reckon I should go out of TPJ for condon/fui or Holmes for capewell.

My other CTW are: to’o, Laurie, tupou, Staines, simmonson and fusitua

Other 2rw are: Barnett, chrichton, Fifita and Shawn blore

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey Tom,

A few things, if you’re an overall player than the Round 13 bye should come into consideration, but if you’re head-to-head only it’s less important.

If you are overall, check how you’re looking for that week with players. If you already have say 10-12 you’re looking okay, but if you are shorter than that TPJ will be a valuable extra number.

Outside of that, I think if Capewell is out Val is a decent option to sure up your CTW. If he plays, your CTW will be pretty solid anyway so adding TPJ looks a rock solid move.

– TW

Brew
          Participant

I’d trade Condon this week, Fui in the centres vs dogs could cross the line and start a price influx.

I like adding TPJ also.

Hayne Bit My
      Participant

Hey guys,

Have 3 options this week:

1. Looking at Watson to Grant is a bit of a POD move (my other HKR is Mahoney)
      2. Trade out Capewell to Tohu (sures up my 2rf with Barnett, Fifi and TPJ)
      3. Trade out Condon for Curran as a bit of a cash grab with potential as a reserve some weeks(Not desperate for cash but can’t hurt to have more up my sleeve and can then trade Capewell to a gun 2RF next week)

What do you think?

michaelfisher
        Participant

Option 3 for mine. Curran looks a real SC prospect, who could end up a season keeper.

Brew
          Participant

If you can do Watson to Grant I’d do that. If your bye numbers are alright.

A Grant/ Mahoney combo is set/ forget stuff.

LG
      Participant

With news suggesting Hodgson is on the outer in Canberra and potentially a move to Brisbane (who seem to be planning to buy everyone right now), is Starling worth a punt? Downgrade say Watson

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey mate,

Canberra addressed the rumours today and said he’s 100% committed to the club. As footy fans we know this doesn’t exactly mean much of course.

However, at very least you’d think he surely plays the season out in Canberra, I can’t see Canberra letting him go mid-season.

Hodgo also said he’s almost certain to be back for next week’s game against the Dogs, so Starling looks like a trap in my opinion.

Especially with no Round 13 coverage and the fact you’d be trading a good one in Watson to accomodate the trade.

– TW

jackmulherin
      Participant

Thinking I want to bring Harry Grant in for either Brailey or Watson this week. Which do I trade out? Tupuounia and Latrell are out with suspension, so I will have to trade T Wilton to either CHN or Jarrow to fund Grant (will have to play CHN/Jarrow as last reserve). I can only afford Jarrow if I trade Brailey OR I could trade Latrell to Teddy and play teddy if cleared of concussion to fund Grant. But Teddy probably has more to fall in price.

I have 86K in the bank and my team is:
      Brailey / Watson
      I Papali’i / TKO / Lodge / Leniu
      DFifita / Tupuonuia / Barnett / Curran / Wilton / Riki
      Cleary / S Walker
      C Walker / Schuster
      To’o / Holmes / Laurie / Fergo / Nui / Suali / Simmo
      Turbo / Latrell

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by jackmulherin.
        Rookie Gun
        Participant

have the same query this week, have Schuster, Brailey and Watson and want to bring in Grant.

For rd13 benefit i should sell Schuster but i like the look of him and will be grateful for him in rd17.

Current order to sell is: Brailey 1st, Watson and then Schuster.
        Brailey has higher $ value currently and I like retaining the 5/8 flexibility of Watson.

Love to hear other views though.

SC Playbook
          Keymaster

Gave my thoughts just below on Brailey/Watson dilemma lads, tough one but I’d hold Brailey for assurance of big minutes. Injury risk always concerns me with Watson too.

What have you both decided? Or still working it out? haha

– TW

Brew
            Participant

Watson, Schu, Brailey is the order in which I’d sell.

MunsterMash
      Participant

Struggling with my last reserves for this week. Am I crazy to consider benching CWalker against the Storm?
      – 2 definites on the bench so far is Gutho and Barnett
      – Need 2 out of Watson, SWalker, CWalker and Curran

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Strong bench mate! Far out that’s a good crop when you’re considering benching Cody.

I won’t be doing personally, but against Melbourne potentially in quite wet weather does appeal as a sit option.

Dean Hawkins will play halves, so Cody is at fullback where he sweeps both sides and gets those try-assists every time. He did put 82 on Melbourne in Melbourne in Round 1 if that eases concerns? Low score of 57 this year too.

I don’t mind the idea of sitting S.Walker v Parra in a tough one.

I’d play Watson/C.Walker, but hard to knock any of them too much.

– TW

Brew
        Participant

Considering the same dilemma.
        My last reserve is between Walker X 2, CHN, NAS, Watson and Curran.

I’m gonna play Walker because his ceiling is immense and seems to love harder opponents.

Miss Jane
      Participant

Scored 1472 this week with Paps on the pine. Traded Teddy out at the last minute for Gutho and put the C on him which worked a treat… Would you trade Teddy back in this week for Paps or should I hold him.

willshillbillies
        Participant

No rush on Teddy, BE is sky high. If I was in your position I’d be waiting for at least 100+ before jumping back on.

Scores aside, need to see some cohesion between Teddy and the halves/hooker before he is a trade in.

I’m holding and I don’t feel good about it.

Brew
        Participant

Hold Papz you’ve come this far and he should be right to return next week. He himself said he wanted to play tonight.

willshillbillies
      Participant

Brailey or Watson > Grant? H2H only.
      Think Brailey has the floor but Watson has the ceiling, although he hasn’t shown it yet.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Such a tough one isn’t it. I cut Watson and am fairly happy about it. Just such a question mark over minutes, especially with Fitzy on the extended bench. At least we know Brailey will keep playing his 80 and is rock solid in base and can jag some attack.

If Watson does for some reason become an 80 minute player down the track I’m happy to trade back in.

– TW

Brew
        Participant

Either option is fine. Depends how Fitz affects Watson’s minutes. I love Watson but he’s not getting the minutes and Knights aren’t gelling yet.

I’d probably sell Watson first.

willshillbillies
      Participant

Am I crazy to consider leaving Teddy off the bench?
      Currently playing Brailey, Curran, Schuster, Walker.

Brew
        Participant

I wouldn’t do that.
        You’ll throw your flat screen when he goes big.

Joey’s Dingers
      Participant

Struggling with where to land this week, still.

Have the luxury of being able to hold trades and play a reasonably strong 17, make one trade to field a slightly stronger team this week, or make two trades to firm a very strong 19 or so players. I’ve only managed to save one trade this year, and it’s only my second year fiddling with SuperCoach (last year was quite a casual effort too).

Options:
      1 – no trades
      2 – big Stefano to Curran, allows me to move tpj to the frf to partner haas, freeing up a stronger reserve to play over lodge, whom I’d have to start otherwise.
      3 – Stefano and Condon to Curran and tupou, then capewell to best next week.
      4 – lodge and capewell to best and tupou.

(Favouring tupou over best this week purely on break evens)

Welcoming, and appreciating, all opinions.

Cheers!

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Very sharp trades options for a second year player, impressive stuff!

All are extremely valid, however option 2/3 stand out. Considering you already have a strong 17, option 2 looks good to save that trade, and I also think getting TPJ to front-row is clutch.

I think Lodge is definitely a hold as he’s a vital extra number for round 13.

Option 3 also looks excellent depending on how aggressive you’re looking to be.

Cheers

– TW

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.