Round 24 Trade Chat

SC Playbook Forums 2021 NRL SuperCoach season Round 24 Trade Chat

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Drop all your NRL SuperCoach questions and feedback ahead of Round 24 below.

MattyO
      Participant

If there was ever a motto more poignant this year than SAVE TRADES, this was the week that proved it. Score of 880 was utterly horrendous and deflating. Fell from #990 to #1,714 as I should have from the poor showing.

No trades left and limping towards the final weeks with alot of underperformers: Gutho, Talakai, and I even had to play Topine this week.

I’ve been playing SC for about a decade and never had I seen trades as valuable at the back end of the season as they are this year. In yesteryear teams looked awfully familiar, but with the amount of injuries, suspensions and restings, there are alot more PODs in play. Good luck to all still fighting for overall/H2H.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Cruel game Matty, you’re not alone at least. What a brutal year it’s been.

Lesson learned for the future for sure, and as you said, teams are extremely unique which makes things far more exciting at this time of year so that’s one bonus of the damage to squads!

– TW

luke richo
      Participant

Ponga over Teddy killed any chance of top 1000 finish. Been my decline since that decision weeks back. Had depth in each position as Tim stated early on was the key, but that choice seems to have derailed a decent finish as I Captained him this week. So depth and Captain choices massive keys this year.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Bad luck Richo, yep depth has proved key big time. Paying off big time for those who build a deep squad.

Pivotal moment that late season fullback trade for so many, don’t beat yourself up though, with that Knights draw it was pretty well a coin toss between him and Teddy. Unlucky!

Hopefully he finishes with a bang for you which could very well happen.

– TW

luke richo
        Participant

All part of the game, never go against Teddy and the one time I have, I deserve it haha.

Last reserve this week lads?

Hynes (benched, limited mins unless injury)
        Ieremia (next to no base, plays 80mins, has Hughes back on right hand side)
        JPaulo (40 odd base, against Storm)

I probably leaning Ieremia just for 80mins fact

SC Playbook
          Keymaster

Ieremia for me for sure, just got to chase that upside.

Melbourne chasing the record and reportedly all getting a rest next week could be absolutely rampant.

Hynes could play 20 minutes, Paulo likely to be some base and that’s about it, maybe 40-50 points best.

– TW

luke richo
            Participant

I did Tim and just saw Lumelume starting instead and going well first half. Team already locked with Ieremia reserve, didn’t name hynes and Nikorima is my AE now on 3 points. See you guys next year.

jackmulherin
      Participant

I hear you Richo about the ponga call as being the defining decision which prevented a top 1000 finish. That and bringing in Nikorima for round 17 will haunt me forever.

This week the depth in my team has really paid off with 21 players playing now I need advice over who to play in my reserves:

Hok: H Grant/Brailey
      FRF: Lodge/TKO/Ipap
      2ND: DFifi/Curran/BSmith/Riki/Tupounua
      HFB: DCE/Nikorima
      5/8: CWalk/Schuster
      CTW: Tupou/Garrick/AJ/Best/Hynes
      FLB: Turbo/Ponga

Can’t play Hynes or Nikorima coming off the bench. Brailey has no high ceiling anymore so he’s on the pine. So far I’m thinking Ponga, Schuster, Riki and Either Ipap or Tupounua. Both tough match ups and Ipap’s minutes have been down in the front row, but Tupounua keeps getting shifted to the
      Centre’s or wing when a back goes down and does nothing out wide in terms of base.

Cheers lads

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Nice work on the depth Jack, squad looks good!

I like Tupounuia over I.Pap this week.

I.Pap is a chance at getting a rest anyway and is only playing 40-50 minutes for some mad reason…

Hard to see him jagging any attacking stats in the middle against the Storm.

Bunnies pretty rampant too but Tups could jag some attack and will play 80. Agreed, Ponga, Schuster, Riki the obvious other three.

– TW

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.