Round 20 Trade Chat

SC Playbook Forums 2021 NRL SuperCoach season Round 20 Trade Chat

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Drop all your NRL SuperCoach questions and feedback ahead of Round 20 below.

MattyO
      Participant

Well, Rd19 is one I’d wish to forget in a hurry, it all went pear shaped. I tried to be optimistic chasing upside and opted to play Milne over JFH (knowing full well its was his last game for a few weeks and would go large). Also played Luai & Burton over Talakai. Leaving me with a paltry score of 1,267 and falling to #781.

This is compounded by my planned trades looking unlikely, with Burton who I was going to use to get Cleary, losing an important $67k. I need Hynes to be dropped to the bench, and Cleary to be named and lose alot of coin, if I am any chance of bringing Cleary back.

Pending TLT, I may go Hynes to Nofo, with Nofo playing the dogs twice in the next 5 weeks. Or if AFB isn’t named (along with JFH), I may have to trade AJ to Haas, thus forgoing Cleary. Tough times ahead!

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by MattyO.
      luke richo
      Participant

Hi guys,

Considering Ponga vs Teddy for run home.
      Love Ponga run home but he not exactly lighting the world on fire/injury concerns – but dream run home. Or Teddy who is proven gun and roosters shouldn’t rest him and decent run home.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by luke richo.
        MattyO
        Participant

If Teddy is kicking for the rest of the run home, I’d say him, and I am seriously considering Gutho to Teddy this week myself. Battling whether it is too sideways and I should be holding the trade for injuries, or getting Cleary back as I only have 2 trades left.

jackmulherin
        Participant

I’m looking at moving Gutho on for either Teddy, Ponga, Papi or Latrell. As solid as he’s been his run home from here is a nightmare.

Teddy is the safe option, 9% owned in top 1000 with a medium/hard run home but is back to his best, kicked a couple of goals on the weekend too(poorly). Papi 0% owned and if starting is probably a target for next week after another huge price drop and to see what they do with Hynes and the goal kicking, waiting avoids playing him against Penrith as well. Ponga 3% owned, cheaper than teddy, lower average, not kicking goals, injury prone but that run home is incredible. Playing the Broncs twice, titans and the bulldogs and doesn’t have Roos, Parra, Melb or Pen to play. Latrell is dirt cheap, 2% owned and is really starting to fire for Souths and has a medium draw. The money you save getting in Latrell could be the difference of being able to afford Cleary.

If you’re trying to make up ground, Going Papi or Latrell is a good POD option. People love chasing last weeks points so Teddy’s last performance will convince a lot of people to go with him who were 50/50. If you want the high percentage safe play, you go Teddy or wait for Papi to be confirmed starting fullback kicking goals. If you want to have a focus on the H2H finals in addition to a solid overall option, Ponga is the play as he can’t be rested with knights trying to make finals.

I think I’ve decided Ponga for my H2H cash finals and I still have a few trades covering injuries.

luke richo
        Participant

Cheers lads – yeah I’ve hovered between 1200-1600 ranking all year can’t seem to break that cycle. 3 trades left though have decent depth. Was waiting on Cleary but like the Harry grants/papis etc waiting for a few games coming back from injuries isn’t ideal- as think Cleary will play but dee him managing the games and getting the wins rather than all out attack and hitting the line etc – think I might have a crack at Ponga but wait a week after Raiders until the great run starts and gives another week holding trades in case for more injuries

MattyO
      Participant

To’o out for 4-8 weeks will throw a spanner in the works for everyone for sure.

I was planning on holding my last 2 trades to get Cleary back, but seems that is a mere pipe dream now. I am already holding AJ, and JFH and AFB, can’t hold To’o too. I may look to trade To’o to Haas, and save the last trade, or use it to upgrade Gutho to Teddy, or Milne to JAC. Thoughts?

*Note, will only have 15 without trades.

luke richo
        Participant

Real hard that one and you’re ahead of us on rankings but I would consider only trading injured players out. I reckon holding say gutho who yes has hard run but isn’t injured and the eels main attacking guy. Least to’o to someone provides better depth as still 6-7 weeks left. I’m holding afb and aj also as last few weeks of season may be pivotal.
        Same as holding hynes even if benched.

I’d also consider team dependant holding that last trade as a lot of teams this week won’t have 17 or if they don’t will be playing reserves so u may only cost urself minimal points. Reckon captain choice will be important this week with teams as they are.

MattyO
          Participant

Yeah, I am leaning towards To’o to Haas, and saving the second trade.

It means I only field 16 this week, unless Milne ousts Paulo/Mansour, but alot will be in the same boat. I like the upside of JAC for Milne but also may be critical in saving the trade.

TomTR
      Participant

Hello

Samuelschembri33
      Participant

Hey fellas!

I got 3 trades left and own SJ, do you think it’s worth one of my final trades to trade SJ to Douehi? I have the money in the bank for the trade or should I just save the trades. I’m thinking Douehi is the best 5/8 on the run home…..or Munster who’s cheaper!

Cheers!

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey Sam,

I like the trade, latest news on SJ says he may not play again for the Sharks.

Doueihi in crazy SuperCoach form and with that Tigers run he’d be a massive asset for the run home.

It’s not like you’re trading out a bloke coming back in a few weeks, it’s a great trade in for depth as well so pull the trigger I say.

Munsters an equally great option, but a bit tougher run, more attacking weapons at the Storm, and maybe a late season rest again?

Both great plays.

– TW

willshillbillies
      Participant

Hey Coaches, sitting in the luxurious position of having the minor premiership locked up in $H2H, 8 trades and $737k itb

Watson/Brailey
      IPap Hass/Tapau* Nuff
      DFif Gus Ola/Curran* Palasia Nuff(Frf/2rf)
      SWalker/SJ
      Walker/Schuster*
      Garrick Ramien Saab Marzhew/AJ To’o Nuff(2rf/ctw)
      Turbo/Teddy*

Want to bring in a gun 2rf, Halfback, CTW and would like to bring in Doueihi for Schuster, all before week one of finals.
      Curious as to who to bring in but also when to bring them in. Tempted to hold off on HB and CTW till we know more about Cleary and AJ.

Spoiled for choice and suffering from paralysis by analysis.
      Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey mate,

What a crazy position to be in as a head-to-head player this far out from finals, lucky bugger.

Schuster very solid, but the ceiling on Doueihi is so much higher. For anyone with less than four or so trades it’d be a bit sideways and considered a luxury trade, but with eight trades and that sort of money in the bank you’re in a position for a luxurious trade.

AJ likely back either Round 21 or 22 so I think he’s a definite hold. NRL Physio said on the podcast this week he’s tracking excellent on all reports.

– TW

willshillbillies
          Participant

Cheers Tim, leaning towards Schu>Doue this week but feels weird with all the chat around not trading out warm bodies, just have to keep reminding myself that the next score that matters is round 22.

Pretty sure the Spy is in my cashie. Can you please pass on my sincere wishes for him to continue his success in overall so he can ignore H2H.

MattyO
      Participant

Douehi for Schuster would be a good POD play move for the run home with so much doubt around Cleary, and I am liking To’o to Fox this week also. I also assume you sold Hynes a few weeks back, its hard to buy him now with so much uncertainty where he will play, but worth a thought.

willshillbillies
        Participant

Thanks Matty, never had Hynes and he is basically the sole reason I’m a H2H only player this year. Hope we get some clarity over the storm fullback role this week but unless there is an injury (which I would never wish for) I doubt it.

luke richo
      Participant

Hi lads few dilemmas this week.

1. Considering playing Nikorima over Sam Walker. Yes he off bench but they both could go 11 or both score points Walker cos could get a try assist etc but teddy the concern, Nikorima less minutes but against a tigers defence and pod play as most would play Walker this week with sj out?

2. Hunt (souths) vs Brailey (Raiders) for hooker?

Current reserves are Douehi, Tupounia, Curran, JPaulo.

(Not named would be say Hunt/Brailey, Walker/Nikorima depending on who I choose as starting)

Thoughts?

willshillbillies
        Participant

Play Walker over Niko. Niko won’t get the minutes and his forward pack is decimated. Walker more likely to catch out the Parra edges rushing in.

Play Brailey over Hunt, Dragons are cooked and this is the week they are sitting most of the BBQ squad. Brailey is due an attacking stat.

Keep reserves as they are.

luke richo
          Participant

Yeah just after posting this I went back and had a look at team lists – dragons are shot so I’ll sit Hunt, and I do think Roosters will get some momentum in next few weeks and can’t trust warriors currently. If Nikorima was starting I’d choose him, but ur right he’ll prob come on for hooker for limited minutes.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.