Round 18 Trade Chat

SC Playbook Forums 2021 NRL SuperCoach season Round 18 Trade Chat

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Drop all your NRL SuperCoach questions and feedback ahead of Round 18 below.

Bevchenko
      Participant

893pts this week saw me get back on track and move back up the rankings.

This week pending TLT likely to go:
      Schuster > Grant
      Leniu > Haas

in preparation for the run home.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Boom, huge trades. Happy to go early on Grant if named or worth waiting a week coming off a hamstring injury?

– TW

Samuelschembri33
      Participant

Trading tohu for lolo? Or I was thinking of even going to frizell, and knights run home is amazing. Thoughts??

Bevchenko
        Participant

Knights do have a great run in.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Yep Lolo the obvious option and very hard to knock, if named, Friz is a huge POD.

Averaging 69PPG before injury, Knights coming good, and as you said it’s a nice run home.

– TW

MattyO
      Participant

Trades depend heavily on what Storm team is named?

If Papy is named, Hynes to Fifi and maybe Barnett to Haas
      If Grant is named, but Papy is not CHN to Grant and Guhtho to Fifi
      If no Papy or Grant, may just go Gutho to Fifi.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Yep those Grant/Papy namings will shape the trades for everyone this week.

Sounds as though Papy still isn’t good to go, great news for people who held Hynes!

Fifita pretty close to a must this week you’d think, has bottomed in price and will be fresh from the week off.

– TW

MattyO
          Participant

Thanks Timmy, your wise words are greatly appreciated! With no Papy or Grant named, makes my choices relatively easy. Is it worth sacrificing Gutho for Fifita moving Hynes down to FLB. Else I would have to use 2 trades to fund Barnett to Fifita.

Bevchenko
      Participant

Get Fifita in Matty!

MattyO
        Participant

Thanks Legend, will pull the trigger on Gutho to Fifita this week.

With the news that Cleary may be back in Rd20, I will forego Haas, and probably Papy too. I am hoping I can sell Hynes to Nofo in Rd20/21 to free up the cash to go Burton to Cleary after he plays a game and loses 100k or so.

Samuelschembri33
      Participant

Hey lads!

I’m pretty much set at every position except for hooker. I currently have a Jayden Brailey and Simpkin in the reserve, my question is do I upgrade brailey to someone like Mahoney or cook or is that to side ways. I currently have 4 trades left so I don’t really want to waste a trade on something sideways. Also, if I upgrade Simpkin I would be nuffing out someone else and then getting a decent hooker like grant when he comes back, but again, that’s two trades. What are you thoughts? Cheers

Bevchenko
        Participant

Its not ideal but i think you need to save your trades Sam, if you did end up doing it I would avoid Mahoney as Parra’s schedule is shocking. Just ride Brailey, I think a lot are (until Harry Grant is available then its another story…)

Samuelschembri33
          Participant

Yeah leaning towards just holding the trades for now. Cheers for your input mate!

willshillbillies
      Participant

H2H, $697k itb, 11 trades, easy H2H win this week, 1st place by 3 points in H2H.

Brailey / Watson
      I Pap Tapau / TPJ Leniu
      DFifi Angus Curran / Tofu Palasia Nuf
      SJ / S Walker
      C Walker / J Schuster
      Garrick To’o AJ Ramien / Saab Marzhew Nuf
      Turbo / Teddy

Targeting; Papy/Ponga, Cheese/Grant, Cleary

Biggest problem areas; Hooker 2rf

Want 8 trades for last 4 rounds

Thinking Curran to LoLo this week

MattyO
        Participant

Curran to Haas is what I’d do, and Watto to Cheese.

MattyO
      Participant

That injury to Val really isn’t at an opportune time. Not sure if I should hold or trade.

I have cover in Hynes, Too, AJ and Garrick. Or I could sell to Taumalolo to fund CHN to Fifita? Means I need to hold Gutho for a bit longer, possibly till seasons end. Or do I save the trade and hold Val and go with my initial Gutho to Fifi trade.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by MattyO.
        SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Tough one Matty, how many trades left is the question?

The Cowboys have the Storm and Roosters in the next two weeks so he was a borderline play in 17s anyway so may not be too bad with a great draw after that. (Pending severity of injury of course).

Fifita is a must, I’m personally also doing CHN to him. Gutho v Titans is a great match up, so maybe worth holding Gutho for a week or two?

-TW

MattyO
          Participant

Only 4 trades left with 60K ITB and want to hold my top 1k rank, currently narrowly trailing yourself in #918. Prior to Vals injury I planned on using 3 trades: This week Gutho to Fifita, hold fire next week, Hynes to Nofo in round 20 (assuming Papy is back) and Burton to Cleary (also assuming he is back). Leaving me with 1 trade for emergency.

I just posted a Q in the Subs special podcast, and to summarise with Val going down I can go CHN to Taumalolo, or Barnett to Milne to help fund Val to Fifita. Or stick with 2 trade and go Gutho to Fifi, and hold Val hoping its only 2 weeks (NRL Physio has him 2-4 weeks).

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by MattyO.
            MattyO
            Participant

NRL Physio just posted that Val is out 4 weeks, & there goes my POD for the run home. In that regards he is a sell.

So I think I have a tough choice. Do I keep CHN or Barnett for the run home, the one i dont keep ill need to sell to fund Val to Fifita? Alternatively I can bring in Teddy for the run home for Gutho which will give me just enough cash to go Val to Fifita? It means I will have to forego Papy and hope Hynes holds his spot for the next few weeks.

SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Thanks to everyone in here who are regular contributors to the forum.

It’s a great place to chat SuperCoach and get feedback with everyone so I’m keen to get people more and more involved. It’s also a far easier platform for myself and the rest of the contributors to jump in and give feedback!

Let me know if we can add anything to the forum to make it more user friendly.

Cheers, TW!

iamjohnm
      Participant

Afternoon all,

I have a common issue I am sure. I am running Turbo and Teddy at fullback. With Turbo not playing, and Teddy a risk of being rested, I am probably needing to make a move here so I have a scoring fullback this round.

I have Nicho at CTW, I was considering moving him to fullback for Teddy, and bringing in Gagai. Once Pap is back, I’d probably upgrade to Ponga, Pap or Latrell (preferably Pap, though his injury concern is a worry).

The above aside, I am needing to move off Burton (currently in the halves), and want to bring in Hughes for the run home. That happens now, or next week, subject to thoughts on the fullback issue.
      Thoughts?

Notes

– I have 7 trades left.
      – I have $107,500 cash in the bank.

MattyO
        Participant

For mine, Burton is a hold. He will be the chief playmaker whilst Luai and Cleary are sidelined. But in saying that I moved Cleary on for Hughes a few weeks back with the mindset that Hughes would be the best half behind Cody for the run home, assuming Cleary doesnt come back.

Regarding Teddy, if you think he is a hold to seasons end, you may need to cop an AE this week, else as you say bring in Ponga now for Teddy. Ponga is more a keeper than Gagai in my opinion, especially if you already have AJ.

iamjohnm
          Participant

Cheers, Matty. Appreciate the comments here.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey mate,

I’m in the same spot this week regarding fullbacks.

Have you considered just copping the auto-emergency if Teddy doesn’t play? That’s likely what I’ll do.

It’s hardly ideal, but is it worth wasting a trade for the sake of 40 odd points difference? I don’t think so.

The counter is that if you don’t see Teddy as a final 17 player in your squad and you want to get Papy in regardless than it absolutely make sense to trade this week if he’s out.

I see him as my fullback to partner Turbo till end of season so I’m holding fire.

I’m with Matty too on Burton, I owned and I’m pretty happy to hold, especially while playing at halfback.

– TW

iamjohnm
          Participant

Cheers, Tim. I hadn’t considered copping the AE, though makes some sense.

Interesting that both you and Matty see Burton as a hold. Looks like I will ride that wave for now too.

Good advice, lads. Appreciate it.

JM

jackmulherin
      Participant

News in that Val is out for 4 weeks.
      Not sure if I hold or trade Val to another CTW like Tupou or POD K Staggs as I already have To’o, AJ, Hynes, Garrick and Laurie. Or do I downgrade Val and upgrade my 2RF, I have Fifi, Tohu, CHN, Tupunoua, Riki and a nuff.

I have 8 trades left and 51k in the bank after bringing in Fifi for Barnett this week. Not sure I want waste a trade nuffing Riki for the 130K he would generate. If I downgraded Val, I could upgrade Tupunoua to Angus or Riki to Lolo next week but it will cost 2 trades. Future planned trades are Gutho to Papi/Ponga, Nikorima to Cleary, downgrading Hynes or shuster to pay for Cleary. That would leave me with 3 for the remainder of the season for injuries/suspensions.

Is that too thin if your wanting to compete in H2H Cash leagues? Ranked in the 2000s so I don’t want to give up on the top 1000 goal either.

MattyO
        Participant

Val to Tupou and Barnett to Fifi would be cracking trades, but looks like your $38k short. Hold Angus IMO.

Of those that you can afford for Val, I like Nofo the best, or Milne as a sneaky POD (as I may do myself for Barnett to fund Val to Fifita).

That uses 2 trades and then you have 6 for the run home (jealous). The other planned trades look good too.

MattyO
          Participant

Further, I am in a similar predicament with Val out for 4 weeks. I have planned a few options, and still weighing up my best option:
          1. Val to Fifita and Gutho to Teddy
          2. Val to Milne/Nofo and Barnett to Fifita
          3. Val to Taumalolo and CHN to Fifita

luke richo
      Participant

Hi guys torn between holding trades vs pods for run home. 6 trades. 54k.

Brailey/Watson
      Ipap/AFB/Paulo/nuff
      Angus/Fifita/Tupounia/CHN/Curran/TPJ
      SJ/Hunt
      CWalker/Nikorima
      Hynes/Too/Gagai/Garrick/Mulitalo/Suaali/
      ierimia
      Turbo/AJ

1. Sell Watson or brailey move Hunt up and get Douehi at 5/8. (Goal kicks, good run, pod)
      Would have to trade TPJ to fund it to like Haas/Murray/lolo etc

2. Sell TPJ to above players and upgrade Suaali at Ctw to like a Nofo.

3. keep trades as knights after the storm/roosters have good run (until grant back – but may not be worth waiting for if he’s eased into last few games)

Note. Once Papi returns depends on hynes roll may turn him into Ponga/Papi. Moving AJ up.
      Tupounia/Curran/chn not ideal but decent equivalents to lolo/Matto etc and would just play one on matchups running Angus/Fifita as 2rf 1 & 2.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by luke richo.
      • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by luke richo.
        willshillbillies
        Participant

You’ve got a decent 17 for this week, I’d hold trades and wait for squads to settle into the post origin run.
        With 6 trades and 8 rounds left patience is key.

Samuelschembri33
      Participant

Hey gang,

Should I loops swakers 120 if my AE is either tohu or olams ton, I’m scared Cody will go ham on the dogs haha or should I just take the points considering my ae is good?

Cheers

MattyO
        Participant

Personally I wouldn’t loop SWalker, as Cody could get that just as easily. Tohu could only play 60 and score 50 too? Tough one, but if it were me I wouldn’t loop. I have always figured loop needs to be 150+

Hynes however, I’m still deciding whether I loop. Would be dropping Burton/Milne for Talakai’s AE.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by MattyO.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.