Round 16 Trade Chat

SC Playbook Forums 2021 NRL SuperCoach season Round 16 Trade Chat

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Drop all your NRL SuperCoach questions and feedback ahead of the Round 16 Super trade week here.

lukearmour90
      Participant

Seriously though what do we do at hooker

max_bryden
        Participant

who would’ve guessed the answer might be brandon smith!!

personally I’m banking on Brailey. not brave enough to spend a trade on anyone else and their draw to finish the season is pretty juicy.

MunsterMash
        Participant

Need to see what happens with HGrant and his injury.

Im thinking hooker is only worth running 1 proper gun and using the 2nd one as 18th/19th man

max_bryden
      Participant

Is TPJ a sell if he’s banned? Yes he’s been great in a difficult position but with the rumours of his exit (and who knows how the tigers would use him) and no bye coverage, he could be a valuable piece to move to another keeper who plays 17 (Tohu/Tapau)

max_bryden
        Participant

I’ve taken Thompson out as an option of a keeper based on the troops returning at dogs

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by max_bryden.
        MunsterMash
        Participant

Thinking about this myself.

Come up with 3 possibles – big marty at Manly, lodge if he goes to the warriors and possibly Toby Rudolf for the dual position

Going to ponder for the next week and figure out what to do

Bevchenko
      Participant

1,598 this week whilst having the balls to play Benny Trbo!! (Not really, I had no choice with Tupouniua pulling out).

Think I need to somehow fix my broken 2RF!

MunsterMash
      Participant

Going to spend the better part of the week to figure out how i can get away with using as few trades as possible during this round.

Im hoping to get away with only using 3 which would leave me at 9 for the run home

The trouble is figuring out who HAS to leave the team

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

For sure mate, madness anyone using all five purely for Round 17 numbers.

If key players don’t back up from Origin it may make fielding a strong 17 tough, especially with the Roosters v Storm game being three days after game 2!

– TW

Miss Jane
      Participant

How many trades ideally would/should you have after super trade round…? If I was to use all 5, it would leave me 10 for the run home with my team fairly set.

I am thinking one of my trades will be Hynes out for Garrick, I know Garrick is super expensive for a CTW @ 728k but is predicted to make another 230K between Rounds 16-19… seems like a no brainer. Can then upgrade with the extra $$$ or he may even be a keeper. Thoughts?

I have Gutho and Teddy at the back and need to get Turbo in ASAP, which one should go?

MunsterMash
        Participant

I’m personally thinking Gutho out to Garrick this week via Hynes

MattyO
          Participant

I must admit i’ve contemplated this trade too. Waiting to see if Val is named, if not I’ll go Val to Garrick.

And what to do with Clearly?!!!

SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Right people, Origin is over and done with, what trades are we eyeing off this week?

More importantly, how many of the five are we all looking to use?

– TW

luke richo
        Participant

Tricky one Tim – I’ve got 13 trades – so floating idea of using the 5 but for backup players that play in rd17 – and not rotating the ctw position too much as have (hynes, Gagai, to’o, Johnson, Nofo, Suaali,ierimia). Happy with that for season – maybe flick hynes to Holmes when papi back. Trying to balance entire team. Hard to figure when to get Fifita back in.

SC Playbook
          Keymaster

Tough one Richo, five is a lot, would you but planning on two next week as well? I’d be a little cautious, I’m personally thinking five between the two weeks.

What’s thoughts on hold v sell Cleary? Personally I’m leaning towards hold if aiming for round 19 return latest, any further and I’ll sell.

luke richo
            Participant

I’ll probably wait until each game to see who backs up as to trade plans (mainly with hynes/teddy which lucky play first game). And yeah may wait a week on a few trades – as for Cleary I’m really 50/50 at this stage as if it’s 2-3 weeks – I think panthers will still manage him through final 4-5 games so I’d be tempted to trade to JHughes for similar points I’d bank on him getting over the same period – and use that cash to upgrade 1-2 more mids to guns for the run home.

Bevchenko
      Participant

I can’t make a trade decision until we get more clarity on the cleary situation.

MunsterMash
      Participant

Was planning on making 3 trades only, but depending on the Cleary news, it changes things up significantly

MattyO
      Participant

Have not saved a trade all season, so going to try my hardest to only use the one this week: TPJ to CHN. Though am quite tempted to go Gutho to Garrick for Rd17 coverage and also put up a tonne against my Dogs (can move Hynes/AJ).

It means I won’t be getting Fifi this week, but can next week for Hynes. Thoughts?

Bevchenko
      Participant

Looking forward to Spy’s article today, keen to see how he robs the supercoach bank to fund all his trades!

MattyO
      Participant

Reports Cleary is out 3-6 weeks via NRL Physio. If its 3 weeks, probably a hold, but 6 weeks, definite sell. Thoughts?

The Integrity Unit
        Participant

I visit NRLPhysio when I need some work done and asked him about Cleary this week. He said 100% sell if you are playing for overall!

Bevchenko
      Participant

Blore > Fifita
      Matterson > Tohu

Likely trades

WoolyScore
      Participant

Boys, any thoughts on Topine at the dogs for a downgrade and r17 player?
      I’ve got 14 trades left so not as much an issue as some.

MattyO
        Participant

I picked up Topine for Mead (in Rd5) to free up cash. Been hoping he makes a re-emergence for Rd17. So, I Don’t hate it so long as its for Uto/Leniu or a 2RF that you won’t be playing in your 17 going forward.

MattyO
      Participant

Even though my question was answered in the Subs special, I still cant decide trades. Options are now:
      1. Cleary to Hughes, TPJ to CHN and Staines to Garrick, or
      2. Cleary to Nikorima, Uto to AFB and Staines to Garrick.

I prefer option 1, though option 2 allows me to hold TPJ, though I sacrifice obtaining Hughes/CHN. Thoughts legends?

Samuelschembri33
      Participant

Guys,

Matt lodge confirmed to the warriors effective immediately. Do you think this will impact on Afb? I’ve traded in afb and curious of anyone thinks it’ll impact him.

Cheers

The Integrity Unit
        Participant

Could have implications for AFB, Lodge and Warriors pack in general. Lodge has been playing big minutes lately, so definitely possible he eats into some of AFBs game time. I guess I need to find a suitable replacement for Lodge in my 17 this week as well…

Samuelschembri33
          Participant

Yeah fair call mate. I just swapped AFB trade and traded in Marty taupau!

The Integrity Unit
      Participant

Anyone else interested to see how Eliesa Katoa goes this weekend? He look great against the Knights last time off the bench with 71pts and returns to the starting side this week. I know Curran is out, but even when he is back I think he’ll jag a spot in the run on side.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.