Round 14 Trade Chat

SC Playbook Forums 2021 NRL SuperCoach season Round 14 Trade Chat

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Drop all your NRL SuperCoach questions and feedback ahead of Round 14 here.

BC
      Participant

Who is the best replacement for Mahoney? My other hooker is Watson.

I’m also keen to target CHN or Ramien this week or both if I run with Watson at hooker

MattyO
        Participant

Pending what happens in SOO, i’m looking to move the Cheese up to replace Mahoney, and bring in Fifi. Otherwise Grant maybe a good replacement if he backs up.

MunsterMash
      Participant

Targeting some CTWs and 2RF to upgrade for 17/run home.

1. CTW – AJ, Ramien and Tupou standing out though, I think I might hold off on roosters until closer to rd 17. Garrick looks good once he bottoms out, but who knows with the Manly draw if he actually does.
      2. 2RF – Already have CHN, so the only obvious one left is Tohu but could wait a week for price to drop a bit. Other choices up in the air with selections due to returning players (Lawton, Tupouniua)

Don’t think I have missed anyone, but if I have, let me know!

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Love Tupou at CTW, also waiting till Round 17 as there’s obviously a chance he plays Origin 3 and misses out on the game. Also Roosters playing Panthers and Storm after this week.

Love AJ, obviously some risk if Bunnies don’t fire, but huge upside.

Ramien hard to knock, just question the Sharks a little. But averaging really well with strong base and not too many attacking stats, huge POD.

I reckon lock and load Tohu despite breakeven, incredibly reliable.

WoolyScore
      Participant

Assuming Heilum Luki gets another run this week, does anyone have interest as a good cheapie?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Pretty tempting with Round 17 coverage, problem is there are a few on the radar this week pending team lists. Suaalii close to a must if named, Robati tempting, although I’d probably prefer Luki as job security looks better + Round 17 coverage.

WoolyScore
          Participant

Yeah I was looking at Robati for sure. He definitely passes the eye test… Broncos bench minutes and security worries me a little though.
          Luckily I’m already on the Suaalii train.

Hayne Bit My
      Participant

Currently looking at Luai to C Walker and Saab to A Johnston. With Mahoney going down should I hold him or trade him to CHN via Smith with my other hooker bring Watson?

MunsterMash
        Participant

As you have Watson as your other hooker, I would 100% swing BSmith up and bring in CHN. The only issue, is whether you would want to keep the Cheese as back up to Grant for the run home.

If you want Mahoney as back up, then it might even be time to trade Watson out instead

Hayne Bit My
          Participant

Yeah just worried about missing out on C Walker and Johnston going crazy against Newcastle. Considering just holding for the moment

NRLSC Sponge
      Participant

With the news Holmes is backing up, does he become a near must grab now to avoid missing out later?

SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Plenty of player availability news dropping in, who are we expecting to back up and who won’t?

So far we have:

– DCE and J.Trbojevic likely to play
      – Tom Turbo likely out
      – Feldt is out, Val tipped to back up
      – Cleary and To’o in big doubt, no firm news out of Panthers though
      – Tino in decent doubt for Titans

MattyO
        Participant

I think I need one of Cleary, To’o or Luai to play, else i’ll need to play Uto in my 17.

Miss Jane
      Participant

If Teddy doesn’t back up, could he be a sell? Could potentially miss a lot of game time through Origin. I have Teddy and Gutho atm, but could swing Hynes to FB and get another CTW or 2RF keeper (via duels) ?

MattyO
      Participant

Could be a hard week this week pending who backs up. Want to bring in both AJ & Fifi this week for Mahoney/Barney to Fifi/AJ, but to do so I need two of Cleary, Luai, To’o & Teddy to play, else I will be short in my 17.

Other option is Mahoney to AJ/CHN and save a trade for later in the week depending on SOO players backing up. If Teddy is out I will want to go Fergo to Suaali.

Hoping to get clarity before Manly kick off as to which Panthers back up as I need to use Burbo as a sub to bring in AJ for Mahoney.

MattyO
        Participant

With the 3 of Cleary, Luai and To’o getting a rest, I need atleast 2 trades to field 17 (excl Burbo). Current CTW: Hynes, Laurie, Staines, To’o, Fergo, Cini and Burbo. I am thinking first trade Mahoney to Val, and for the second Fergo to either AJ or Suaali if named. Means I go early on Val but will be a top 4 CTW by seasons end IMO.
        Next week I can go Staines to Suaali, and Barney to Fifi. or Hynes to Fifi if Papy is back.

Riley’s Rookies
      Participant

I’m torn between AJ and Milne from the Rabbits. Cody Walker is a lock for the other trade but to get AJ I need to sell Schuster or I can sell Watson/Barnett and buy Milne.

What would you recommend?

Turbos Hamstring
      Participant

Is Milne not a trap with Jaxson Paulo due back next week according to the bunnies casualty ward ?

Riley’s Rookies
        Participant

Ok thanks, knew his job security wasn’t all that great but thought he’d still get a run in round 17 and DPP was enticing. I’ll go with AJ.

SC Playbook
          Keymaster

Gagai suspected broken hand, potential out till Origin 2, pending confirmation that’ll help Milne a fair bit!

iamjohnm
      Participant

First post.

AJ Milne has peaked my interest after Tim was pushing his barrow on the most recent podcast. I have kept Staines, but looking to move off him prior to r17, and was planning to go to Suaalii but it looks like he won’t play this week.

My CTW at the moment: Hynes (will convert to Pap soon enough), Sivo, AJ, Staines, To’o, Roberts (Jet) and a Nuff.

I have one trade, $183k in the bank, and 8 available for r17 (though likely only 6-7 due to Origin players).

What’s the play? I have 14 trades, and happy to bank it as I’ve only banked two thus far.

Cheers, all.

JM

P.S. Love the subscription! Great job all!

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey legend!

Milne is tempting, Gagai possible broken hand will help his cause.

Probably on the less favoured right edge of the Bunnies but not a huge drama.

He’s dual 2RF-CTW which is huge, busts tackles and offloads, dirt cheap, and has a great run.

Not necessarily a lock to play in 17s each week but with the Bunnies run he looks good, love AJ too.

You’re looking solid enough as it is for round 17 and to aim for 16/17 players for that round would just be tearing your side apart, so save that trade I say, will be so vital!

– TW

iamjohnm
          Participant

Cheers, Tim.

I will sit tight, and see how we go.

JM

Homer
      Participant

Would you guys consider selling cleary. Rested this week and than games against roosters and eels before having the bye and possibly another rest in round 18. So would only play 2 out of next 5 games against good defence. I can make 600k by trading him to cody walker before picking cleary back up after origin 3

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey mate,

Not for me personally as I don’t want to burn two more inevitable trades to get him out and back in.

However the temptation is pretty obvious at the price, it has to be considered.

Regarding the tough draw, he’s about as match up proof as they come in SuperCoach so I wouldn’t be too concerned.

– TW

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.