Round 13 Trade Chat

SC Playbook Forums 2021 NRL SuperCoach season Round 13 Trade Chat

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Drop all your NRL SuperCoach questions and feedback ahead of Round 13 here.

luke richo
      Participant

Awaiting Qld team but a few bye round pods had all year now playing so bye numbers dwindling. Regulars of teddy, turbo, Cleary, paulo, chrichton etc but had Mahoney, Liam Martin (then To’o like everyone). Killer. Gone from 12 with this weeks trades to come to 9 1/2 with Blore.

Considering trading 2 this week for rd17 while others chase this week – instead of getting another 2 for rd13. (Already have Brailey,ipap,Tpj,Matto,Watson,hynes,fergo, Nofo, Laurie, ‘Blore’)

Thoughts lads ? as don’t see sense in chasing lesser players this week – looking at Harris, CHN, AJohson, Tupou etc

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Fair Richo, bit short for this week, I think targeting guns in Rd 17 is perfectly fine.

My only concern with looking to far ahead is plenty can change between now and Round 17 re player suspensions, injurys, Origin call ups, minute drops etc. So at least going Round 13 players this week you know you’re locking in there score.

Numbers are a little low though so may a Rd 13 and Rd 17 option to bump up a touch? Liam Martin an unlucky blow for you, Freddy loves him!

luke richo
          Participant

Actually forgot Staines so with Blore counted have 11. Which is really 10 1/2.
          This is true what u say. I have saved 4 trades thus far – so will probably get 1 rd13 and 1 rd17 as holding Curran/Suaali for rd17 and want to get AJ and Cody next week as south’s have great 7 game run. Cheers mate

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by luke richo.
      MattyO
      Participant

Moved into 622nd this week, having Captained Cleary. I have 9 this week: IPap, TPJ, Cheese, Barnett, Burton, Hynes, Laurie, Staines, Fergo, with outside chances for Reed, Simpkin, & Uto whom i held for this week. I haven’t saved a trade all year but will between 9-12 playing, I’d ideally like to bring in 2 more to hold top 1k rank.
      I am keen on JFH for Capewell and thinking about Watto in for Luai – who I think its time to cut that experiment, or I could just hold Luai (with Cody as my other 5/8).
      Also flirting with the idea of selling Trbo for Gutho, with the view to bring Trbo back for the Rd16 clash with the Dogs.

MattyO
        Participant

Well, what a difference 24 hours makes. Fergo not being named hurts, but Reed being available is a good substitute. With that in mind, now thinking of going Fergo to JFH, and saving the other trade. Or could use it to go Simpkins to Leniu to bump up my numbers this week and also allows me to punt Simpkin.

SC Playbook
          Keymaster

Fergo killed me too Matty, how brutal of all weeks…

JFH in is a decent trade for sure, very reliable and hopefully bigger minutes over Origin period with Penrith having so many forwards backing up.

Not a fan of the other trade, Lenui likely goes back to being a plodder after this week and is an auto-emergency nightmare, not worth burning the trade for one score that may only be 40 odd anyway.

– TW

Bevchenko
      Participant

1,262 this week with TTrbo as captain and BTrbo making an appearance in my “Leeds Rhinos”, I’ll take it all things considered.
      Rough week potentially, 12 players min (hopefully!), not sure on trades..Short grab on Gutho is tempting…

Samuelschembri33
      Participant

TPJ or Matto??

Out of the two who would you guys want, if you could only grab one.

MattyO
        Participant

TPJ by the length of the straight. Higher ceiling and DPP is an added bonus.

Bevchenko
        Participant

Risk of suspension Vs risk of concussion protocol.
        TPJ for me.

Samuelschembri33
        Participant

Cheers fellas!

graememarlow
      Participant

Why is no one thinking about Mikaele Ravalawa? What am I missing?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hasn’t been a word said about him has there (myself included).

Guaranteed to make cash with a breakeven of 4 and 136 last game, great upcoming draw, decent base of 26, super POD…

Personally I just have no faith in the Dragons, but he ticks plenty of boxes!

– TW

luke richo
      Participant

Hi lads, is it crazy to buy Barnett this week? 480k odd, plays bye and now with Frizell out for 6-8 weeks. Still 5th ranked 2rf. Could keep as 2rf 4/5 for year

MattyO
        Participant

As an owner I’m looking to upgrade Barney to Fifi next week. O’Brien just doesn’t give him minutes, I’m not convinced that changes even with Frizz injured.

luke richo
          Participant

Yeah the more I thought about it – I’d rather setup team for keepers and run home

Harry’s Reasons
      Participant

Hello Gents. Who is the better FRF trade-in this week -> JFH or iPap? Minutes and Scoring potential looks similar this round, and with JFH being 120k cheaper it gives more options for next week’s trades. Or do I just bight the bullet and go iPap?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey Harry,

I.Pap for me by a mile. JFH solid, but questionable as to whether he’s even a keeper. He’s a decent trade in option for sure, but I.Pap is a proven gun with huge upside as we’ve seen multiple times already this season.

Both have dual FRF-2RF positioning which is so valuable.

Costs more I know, but I’m team I.Pap every time!

– TW

Harry’s Reasons
          Participant

Thanks Tim. Great support and solid advice as always. The iPap express it is.

The Integrity Unit
            Participant

Who is the better trade: getting Ipap in this week, or saving the $$ to make sure you can get Fifita in a week or two?

Crystal2021
      Participant

Draft question – who is better pickup TKO or AFB ? I’m leaning towards AFB but injury a concern

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey Crystal,

Tough one but like AFB. TKO’s minutes have been pretty poor this season.

I expect them to rise a bit over Origin/back end of season, but unlikely to kick goals again.

AFB has huge upside and is due back pretty soon so I think he narrowly gets the nod.

– TW

The Integrity Unit
      Participant

What are the thoughts on Brodie Jones as a sneaky trade in to play this week and potential cash cow while Frizell is out? Only $242k with a PPM just under 1ppm

MattyO
      Participant

Sell Teddy or Turbo for Gutho. I’m seriously torn. If Turbo plays I see him outscoring Teddy over the next few weeks, but that’s a big IF, given Sea Eagles play so soon after SOO1. Turbo looked uninterested against Knights too.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.