Round 10 Trade chat

SC Playbook Forums 2021 NRL SuperCoach season Round 10 Trade chat

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Drop all your NRL SuperCoach questions and feedback ahead of Round 10 here.

scott.dorward
      Participant

How much carnage have teams suffered during this last rd? Who’s the biggest loss?

amy.satchell
      Participant

Absolute disaster of a round featuring the following players:
      – C Walker
      – D Gagai
      – Utoikamanu
      – Watson
      – Laurie
      – Wilton
      – Sam Walker
      – Arrow (traded in week 9)
      – Best (traded in week 9 from Corey Thompson traded in week 8)

Might delete my team. Sob.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Can’t take a trick there Amy, crook week!

Don’t stress, I honestly think it’s the easiest year we’ve had to climb ranks quick with the monster individual scores we’re seeing + the range of players with high ceilings at 5/8, hookers and half.

Look for Cody to bounce back big this week v the Sharkies at Suncorp!

– TW

luke richo
      Participant

Hi lads tossing up between THarris and Matto this week. Have approx 10 bye rd numbers currently. Like Matto at the price however thinking long term 1 trade of Harris would carry to end of year.

(Already have IPapalii, Tpj, paulo, Fifita, Angus, Tupounia, Curran)

Or do I go Matto for the extra bye number – and use an extra trade to decide whoever of the above to THarris for run home?

Brew
        Participant

I’d go Matterson for that number. He could get 70-100 bye round and that would be massive rank wise.

Target Tohu post bye for the Barnett types.

Bevchenko
      Participant

Terrible week 1,181.

Eyeing up Adam Doueihi and Harry Grant, however I’ve a feeling there will be some fires to put out this week.

Brew
        Participant

I’m probably getting Grant myself with Bmith confirmed out.

SC Playbook
          Keymaster

Like it lads. Yep Grant surely 80 from now on (maybe a few early rests over Origin). With Watson/Schuster starting to underperform there’s a few decent trade out options too which there didn’t seem to be a few weeks back.

How we looking for Round 13 numbers though?

– TW

Brew
            Participant

I’ve got a lot of blokes who are really fringe which makes judging bye numbers tricky. Blore, Burbo often 18th man, Stefano suddenly dropped. I’ll be looking 12-14 I’d say.

Obviously we now know Grant is cooked so that’s off the table.

Bevchenko
      Participant

@Luke Tohu looking the goods this year mate.

Bevchenko
      Participant

@Amy keep the faith, long way to go yet.

Bevchenko
      Participant

Harry Grant and Munster OUT. That throws some trades into carnage.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Plans Bev? Sticking with Doueihi with centre switch? Or thinking it’s a smokescreen with late change back to 5/8 anyway?

Bevchenko
          Participant

Too many fires to put out I think mate, got a few options but probably:

Fifita > Matto
          Fusitua > Ikuvalu

SC Playbook
            Keymaster

Boom! Huge POD Ikuvalu, how re Rd 13 numbers looking at this stage? That Tigers team sheet threw a cat amongst the pigeons with bye-planning.

Bevchenko
              Participant

10 atm pre trades this week.

Samuelschembri33
      Participant

Lads! Thoughts of these trades, Fifita and Condon for Papali’i and a mid range 2RF.. was thinking Liam Martin! Dude is cheap as at 390kish, probably plays 80 this week and plays 13 with good minutes! Thoughts? Might even play him over Barnett this week?

KerrodW
      Participant

Gday lads, bludger of a week last week and without turbo made me plummet 6k spots. With fifita being out thinking of trading him out for ipap and then schuster to luai with 3k to spare? Thoughts
      Think I’ve gotta hold on to teddy as he’s so cheap and have ponga as well. Turbo does scare me though.
      Cheers

Brew
        Participant

Long term great moves.
        Surely Luai is the Blues 5/8 though?

thomasolsen7
      Participant

Hey guys, not sure on the trades this week with all the carnage.

What do you reckon is the better trade out of tko and Watson to api and paulo. Other frw are lodge, uto and leniu. Other hkr is brailey.

Also thinking about capewell to best. If I don’t do this one then I most likely have to play Simmonson or Staines this week. Thanks for the help

Brew
        Participant

I wouldn’t be trading Brailey so close to origin. I’m a Watson owner and holding for origin. Doubt he loses much coin. I’ll take the points.

With that FRF I wouldn’t trade out your one stud.

Simo is a fantastic play this week btw.

MattyO
      Participant

Coming 1,600th after dropping 1000 spots last week, so looking to make up that lost ground and I am Stuck on trades this week! First trade Fifi to Tohu, but for the second trade I am struggling to decide on one of the below:
      1. Capewell to Nofo or Isaako (benching either Laurie or Staines)
      2. Barnett to Matto (holding Capes and playing Staines)
      3. CWalker to Luai (holding Capes and playing Staines)

Thanks lads!

Bevchenko
        Participant

Capewell to Nofo for me.

Barnett should get kicking duties over the origin period and knock out a fair few points.

SC Playbook
          Keymaster

Likewise, I think Capewell-Nofa is a great trade.

Capewell out this week and on the slide and likely to get rests over Origin period, also not setting the game alight at all.

Nofa gives you a proven gun with upside (as seen on the weekend), and the extra Round 13 number.

Love it!

Walker defs a hold, possibly a Round 17 extra number, Barnett worth at minimum one more week but should play 80 and kick goals in Round 13. I’m holding till then.

– TW

MattyO
            Participant

Thanks Gents, appreciate the thoughts.
            I have enough cash for another option. Trade Watto to Luai, holding Capes with enough cash next week to go Capes to Nofo. Let’s me see how Nofo goes outside Douehi this week. Thoughts?

Hayne Bit My
      Participant

Looking at condon to either Tohu (safe)or Ikuvalu (juicy POD)

Have
      I Pap, TKO and lodge in FRF
      TPJ, Matto, Barnett, Curran 2rf
      To’o, Fergo, Laurie, Nofo and the usual cheapies CTW

luke richo
        Participant

@Hayne my bit – reckon Harris outscores ikuvalu on points anyway and is a safer bet. Then get ikuvalu after 13 for a cheapie or Laurie/fergo etc?

Samuelschembri33
      Participant

Fellas, we all think Barnett kicks this week now KP is out? I was gonna rest him, but worth a play now?

willshillbillies
        Participant

He will get the GK, could even see him play bigger minutes. Knights looked much better last week while he was on the field.
        I’m playing him so I have options incase SWalker is a late out.

Miss Jane
      Participant

Howdy all,
      My trades this week are either:
      Dfifita > TPJ/IPapalii/Matto
      Utoikamanu > Sitili or Chrichton CTW via Fusitua
      Thoughts?
      Playing H2H only, does that change anything?

Bevchenko
        Participant

depends who you play on the bye weeks and how many players they have for them.

willshillbillies
        Participant

No H2H in bye rounds so you don’t have to worry about picking players that play 13 and 17. Those rounds are also good opportunities to save trades as having trades for the final weeks is important for H2H. Trades both look reasonable as long as you don’t have any other trade out targets that are gonna lose money as your current trade outs will hold their price while not playing.

Miss Jane
          Participant

I was sure we play H2H bye rounds… we have in the past. Has it changed??

luke richo
        Participant

@Miss Jane – reckon Fifita to Matto and stefano to Tupounia the go. Great value on those trades, points upside on both players, they’ll go up in $ and frees up cash to upgrade Fusitua next week whilst getting points this week for less $ amount compared to Chrichton?

willshillbillies
      Participant

$384k ITB 24 trades left H2H focused

Brailey/Watson
      TPJ Welch/Uto Leniu
      DFifi Gus Barnett/Curran Condon Fui
      Cleary/Walker
      Luai/Schuster
      To’o Peachey Laurie Capewell/Saab Simo Mead
      Turbo/Teddy

Currently thinking DFifi>Matto(can afford IPap) and Condon>Tohu. Other trade out targets would be Fuimaono or Capewell.
      Play Barnett and Schuster on Friday so I have reserve options if SWalker is a late out.
      VC Turbo C Cleary
      Have to choose between Laurie/Simo/Saab for last 2 CTW.
      Thoughts/Suggestions?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey mate,

Love the trades, however if you think you have a strong 17 and can get away with holding Fifita maybe it’s worth it?

As a head-to-head player you will want him back asap after Round 13, so if you can cover him maybe worth saving inevitable trades? Just food for thought.

If you could hold and still go Condon-Tohu/Matto that’s pretty strong!

Tough on subs, all have appeal. Laurie is by far the safest of three and has an okay match up v Knights. Saab and Simo have excellent match ups with terrible base.

Would probably go Laurie/Simo (now left edge) personally. Saab really does need to score with a linebreak to go even half decent. Not much between them though.

– TW

Samuelschembri33
      Participant

Have to play either junior paulo or TKO, which one would you pick guys?

Homer
      Participant

Hey guys. Coming 100th overall and looking for something to help push me even higher.

Brailey Watson
      Tpj Welch uto faamsulli
      Fifita Crichton Barnett Jfh tino curran
      Cleary walker
      Shuster madden
      To’o fergo tupou Aj Laurie Staines fusitua
      Turbo gutho

Thinking maybe fifita to matto and fusitua to nofo. Looking to improve bye numbers but have also only saved 2 trades.

Also considering leaving out Watson tino curran and Laurie this week to play jfh walker nofo and gutho as my reserves. Thinking vc turbo and captain cleary to be safe unless I go captain turbo straight up due to cleary playing last on a field that could be torn to shreds after 7 previous games. Thoughts?

Hayne Bit My
        Participant

Firstly congrats on the ranking!!

Those trades seem like no brainers to me but I would also be looking to get a gun 5/8 in as soon as possible. You could also looking at trading schuster/watson to Mahoney who is a keeper that plays rd13.

The reserves you are talking about look good too. Gutho will go big will Brown out. Only question mark is around Walker who is pretty banged up. Roosters play before warriors so you can always change Walker to Curran.

luke richo
      Participant

Hi team thoughts on ctw plays this week.
      I have To’o, Fergo, Best, Nofo, Laurie, Staines.

I’m considering To’o, nofo, fergo and Staines. (It’s either Staines against titans who leak points and will be a pod as a lot of people sold, Best against tigers but no ponga, knights not travelling too flash) happy to sit Laurie this week.

Thoughts?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Like Best despite no Ponga Richo. You bought him for a reason. Huge POD play and anti-POD play to go against Laurie.

Knights forward pack full strength so hopefully they can dominate enough to let the backs do some damage.

– TW

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.