NRL Round 6 chat

SC Playbook Forums 2021 NRL SuperCoach season NRL Round 6 chat

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Drop all your NRL SuperCoach questions and feedback ahead of Round 6 here.

Bevchenko
      Participant

So do we just trade in anyone playing the Bulldogs?

Miss Jane
      Participant

Is Barnett a hold? Also have Frizell who is stinking it up… Newcastle do get some players back this week and have the Sharks at home. Was thinking Barnett to Crichton or wait a week?

michaelfisher
        Participant

I think so. His base + power is still good, should get attack from Ponga and plays 13

MunsterMash
      Participant

This is shaping up to be a crucial round with players bottoming out soon and some guys scoring low that are popular players. Will be very interesting.

michaelfisher
        Participant

Agree MM. The CTW conundrum is a big one

SC Playbook
          Keymaster

Big time, with the likes of Nofa, Lomax, Tupou etc. bottoming and all with big ceilings it’s massive who we go with.

– TW

Bevchenko
      Participant

Any other way to get Angus in Jane?

amy.satchell
      Participant

Who is more important? Luai (losing schuster) or Fifita (losing Murray)

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey Amy,

Tough one, but I think Fifita is the play, mainly because Schuster looks to have some decent money to be made still.

Luai could go big against the Broncos is a concern, but I think the Schuster-Luai trade can wait for a week or two once Schuster makes a little bit more.

We’ve already also seen Fifita has the huge ceiling too, and the Titans have a nice draw.

While I think Murray is a hold due to getting absolutely no attacking stats yet, if he’s your ticket to Fifita it looks a fair trade.

– TW

michaelfisher
      Participant

Pretty certain on Fifita for this one Amy. He’s averaging around 70 taking out his attacking stats, which is huge!

Bevchenko
      Participant

Fifita! Schuster still has a little bit more $ in him too.

Brew
      Participant

Fifita. Luai is a weapon no doubt but there’s a few options at 5/8 and not as many this year at 2FR.

Brew
      Participant

@missjane – I’m firming holding Barnett. Knights were simply terrible last start. Can’t see them playing that bad often, think it was just a one off poor score.

Brew
      Participant

@bevchenko it’s all down to Kelly v Val for me this week. Both have mid-high break evens. Good opponents, but Val GK vs Dogs is a serious temptation.

I like Kikau also but 96 BE can likely wait on that move.

Jeff
      Participant

I think Fifita. Smokey could be to go someone like a Papalii or Thompson for bye coverage too

Miss Jane
      Participant

Would you also hold Frizell too? He obviously plays Round 13 as well or upgrade to Crichton?

michaelfisher
        Participant

Frizell to Crichton is a great trade I reckon. Friz will likely be on origin duty rd 13

SC Playbook
          Keymaster

Agreed, while I don’t mind the idea of holding Friz as a POD, Crichton is a season-long keeper and must-have in my opinion so I like it!

– TW

Bevchenko
      Participant

would love Kelly Brew, but as we have established on Twitter i need to spend on Fifita!

gardenbachopjackson
      Participant

Should I trade teddy if it’s my only path to getting Fifita?

Teddy > Fifita and Riki > Condon
      Would leave me with enough bank to get teddy in next week or week after

michaelfisher
        Participant

Yep I’d do it. Fifi should outscore Teddy by a fair bit this week one would think.
        You’ll also make / save money by trading out Teddy & trading in Fifi. Can’t see Fifi getting cheaper anytime soon.

Brew
      Participant

Friz should play origin. Therefore I rate that trade. Ponga might direct more traffic to Barnett edge also.

Brew
      Participant

I’m eying off a very very juicy TPJ trade next week 👀

Hopefully strong edge minutes this week.

michaelfisher
        Participant

Nice Brew. Jagging TPJ at the right time before one of his tears seems to be the key. His offloading ability is insane

The Integrity Unit
        Participant

Big watch on minutes for TPJ & Tapine this week as they bottom out in price

Brew
      Participant

@gardenjackson be very weary of Condon. The extended bench poses a future problem, imo.

KerrodW
      Participant

Gday lads,

Is there any other way I could get fifita in without getting rid of Hudson young? Have 95.5k in the bank.
      Team is
      Watson brailey
      Tko tino uto leniu
      Barnett gus. Young Riki James. Stone
      Cleary walker
      Walker schuster
      To’o capewell Laurie Staines niu simo Saab
      Teddy papi

Otherwise my trades will be Riki to Condon and young to fifita.
      Cheers

michaelfisher
        Participant

Watson to Simpkin, Riki to Fifi?

Watson’s been good, but maybe not quite a keeper.

You’d have to weigh up who you prefer to trade out of Young & Watson. Young certainly has better minutes. Watson DPP, but HK & 5/8 are stacked, so someone has to go.

KerrodW
      Participant

@michaelfisher

That’s a great shout, watson is great but yeah young is my pod and getting good minutes as well, they both sort of balance each other out. Food for thought that’s for sure.

Brew
      Participant

@kerrod can you get there via Schuster to Simpkin (dual Watson) and Riki to Fifita.

If you can afford that, I’d do it that way. Watson is definite hold imo.

KerrodW
        Participant

@brew unfortunately a 100k short so leaning towards getting rid of young as I reckon Watson will go well this week against Cronulla.

Carlz
      Participant

What would be your suggestion out of the below…

1. Riki/Liddle to To’o and Tevaga (via Capewell).
      2. Riki/Niu to To’o and Wilton (or someone around that value).
      3. D. Saifiti/Niu to To’o and Leilua (via Tino).

I want Fitita but only way not get him is to trade Capewell and Barnett, leaving weak reserves, is he worth it?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey Carlz,

All very viable options, option 1 looks the best short term play points wise, but I think we want one more look at Tevaga to make sure he gets the minutes. I also think Capewell’s value is at CTW where he in theory locks in solid points in a volatile position, so playing at 2RF I think he loses value.

Option two looks great and is likely the best money making option available. Maybe you can put a three week plan in place to try and go Wilton-Fifita?

– TW

mattmobster
      Participant

Should I go Crichton to Fifita?
      AND!
      Blore or Condon?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Nope, Crichton is a season long keeper, Fifita has a bigger ceiling but will be less consistent (likely).

Any 2RF trade to Fifita is good except for Crichton I think.

Blore v Condon is tough, only Blore plays 13. There is so much uncertainty around Condon, as long as he start this week he should be a great trade in.

Unfortunately the Cowboys play the final game of the round which makes it hard. Would lean towards Condon though.

– TW

The Integrity Unit
      Participant

I need to get rid of B Smith ($480k, 2rf). Best option to trade to? I’ve got Crichton & Fifita, so don’t need a gun keeper, but will probably need to play them this week. Happy to wait for next couple of weeks to cash in on guns bottoming out.

michaelfisher
        Participant

Do you have a dual CTW you can move up to 2RF TIU?
        If so one of Kelly or Holmes could be a nice in.
        Lodge in via a dal 2RF / FRF, if you have one, could also be a nice move

The Integrity Unit
          Participant

Good calls Fish. Don’t mind either of those. Will have to make up my mind, quick smart! Lodge and Capewell locked in 20 mins

yumyumyum
      Participant

H2H player, trying to think through captain.

Think I’ll VC either Cleary, or Luai/To’o (both PODs for me), and C either Fifita or Paps pending on whether I need to match him if ahead or try to find a POD.

If you were in a tight H2H but had Luai, To’o, Welch vs Walker, Fergo, a CTW he trades in would you do same strategy? (I feel like if Panthers smash them I’ll already be ahead so don’t need to risk the early C).

michaelfisher
        Participant

Yeh that seems clever YYY. I’d probably VC Cleary to cover the main risk. I’m probably going to straight C him, but am focussed on overall. I considered VC Cleary C Fifi, but decided against due to rain being forecast for Fifi’s game

Packed
      Participant

Really want to get To’o in for this week and upcoming draw
      Only way to stretch to him this week is to dump Barnett (still have Fifita/Crichton)
      Barnett has been delivering but is a bit of an unknown now with goalkicking loss and other players back?

michaelfisher
        Participant

I think that’s a solid trade Packed. To’o should easily outscore Barnett from here

Mason
      Participant

So I’m in need of some guidance
      I’ve been trying to play really hard this season in terms of anti podding a lot of cows and I’m not averse to trading gun to gun based on matchups, however I feel like continually passing up on cows is going to bite me. My options this week are Teddy to Luai via moving hoy to fullback alongside Mitchell and upgrading Capewell to Kikau. And pulling my side apart next week to get teddy back. Option B would be to simply downgrade Riki to Condon or Hoy to Sam walker.

Brew
        Participant

Mason –

Bit late but hope you went B. I aggressively trade guns if required. But you also need that balance of cash growth. I pick my moments for the aggressive (went teddy to Papz the week he got 197), but other weeks I’ll go simple – peak cow downgrade to new cow, mid upgrade to gun/ pod.

yumyumyum
      Participant

It’s gotta be Hoy to Walker right? Hoy peaked, walker about to make massive gain & be a keeper for a while.

Mason
        Participant

My only issue with trading Hoy for Sam walker is I’d have to sub Madden into 5/8 to do so. a base NPR who’d then be stuck in 5/8. As My halfbacks would be Cleary and Sam walker both not duels

Brew
      Participant

I had Madden (at 5/8) and I used a cow in, borderline gun out to get Luai in this week.

I don’t mind subbing guns around if I see a run (more points = cash growth) and a borderline gun with a tricky run ahead (potentially lesser points = cash drop).

Paulo became Luai.

Papa
      Participant

Does anyone think cleary gets the TA and LBA for the try he passed the cut out pass to luai who passed it straight to Burton before the tackle. Obviously luai got those stats but I would think cleary was the man. I want to loop but undecided where those points go

yumyumyum
      Participant

Went VC Cleary, won’t loop though (Riki 20 on my reserves). Nice work with the outright C (but you must have been sweating 78th minute haah)

luke richo
      Participant
      • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by luke richo.
Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.