NRL Round 5 chat

SC Playbook Forums 2021 NRL SuperCoach season NRL Round 5 chat

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Drop all your NRL SuperCoach questions and feedback ahead of Round 5 here.

Brew
      Participant

Fifita 86 B+P looking a near must have 👀

michaelfisher
        Participant

Agree Brew! Could be a decent captain option against some of there upcoming opponents as well

Brew
      Participant

Prices have updated all. Scores locked in.
      Fifita out to 685k
      Papz up 150k.

Stu
      Participant

Hoping for some strategic advice, I’m now at a stage that I want to downgrade a couple of my cheapies and then upgrade a couple of my mid ranges to guns. However all of the players I have in mind play in the round 13 bye. So do I still proceed in selling these players and upgrade my team, not sure which way to go. The players I’m talking about are the usual ones, Nui, Riki, Fuimaono, Brandon Smith, Staines, watson, Liddle, utoikamanu and J Brailey.

michaelfisher
        Participant

It’s an interesting one Stuart. I think it depends on the opportunities in the position and how each of those players are going. I think a number of those players can be traded, ideally the weakest one’s first

Bevchenko
      Participant

What trades are everyone looking at this week? Luckily To’o is in reach for me after being $9k off last week.

michaelfisher
        Participant

Nice Bev! Fogarty to S Walker. Tupouiniua to Fifita. For me

Beagles
      Participant

Thinking Fog to Swalker and then either JoO or Staines to Too.

King Gutho
      Participant

currently sitting at a nice rank of 269 have riki to JFH locked in now i cant decide either to go momirovski or Gagai leaning towards momi due to him playing rnd 13 and reasonalbe draw

luther
      Participant

Upgrading Niu this week, Val Holmes or Brian Kelly?

michaelfisher
        Participant

I’d go Kelly in a better attacking side + should be available round 13

Miss Jane
      Participant

Just curious as to who has max traded up to now? Is it more important to get Fifi this week for Matto or would you go Angus? Who knows if Matto is going to be a late no show again and he plays the last game again this week. I went early last week on To’o and was thinking about upgrading Nui to Olam. Thoughts??

michaelfisher
        Participant

I’ve max traded miss Jane. Unfortunately has had to be done. I’d go Fifi out of those two – His BE is about 50 points lower

SC Playbook
          Keymaster

Hey miss Jane, I’ve also max traded and am vary wary of it. Will be looking to save a couple of trades at some stages over the next three weeks, easier said than done though! I’d personally be tempted to go Crichton over Fifi. I think Crichton is absolutely elite, Fifita’s base still isn’t great, despite looking amazing in attack. Both are basically must-haves, but I’d narrowly go Crichton of the two. Tough call on Matto but he’s looking hard to hold with the uncertainty, just so scared he’ll cop an early knock for a low score again. Like the Niu-Olam play!

– Tim W

Brew
      Participant

@stuart I’m in a similar boat from next week. I’ll likely take a one cow cash out, one mid upgrade for a few weeks.

Whilst doing this im keeping an eye on how it affects my bye numbers.

Ultimately you need points to win this game so take them, just keep a safe medium with your bye number.

Brew
      Participant

Kelly. Unless both are in your plans short term, then I’d go Val and get Kelly in a few weeks. @luther

Brew
      Participant

@missjane
      Olam is a gun trade. Like it.
      Matters was confirmed by coach to be back this week during the tigers coverage. Up to you I’d be tempted to hold and work out a method to get Angus/ Fifita next week.

Prefer Fifita this week, both must haves I reckon.

michaelfisher
      Participant

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by michaelfisher.
      KerrodW
      Participant

Gday,

Have been trading every week and going alright at 930. Only have 2k itb.

Is it stupid to trade Hudson young and Jordan Riki to get David fifita and then go Condon or topine? Feel like I don’t want to miss out on fifita but I could easily just hold trades as well.

Thoughts?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey Kerrod, tough one there. I think in that case you’d be getting rid of two very reliable scorers in Riki and Young, for one gun and a cheapie who may be gone by next week. There’s more money to be made in Young and Riki so I’d hold tight on those.

– Tim W

KerrodW
          Participant

Cheers Tim,

Think that is probably the best play. Getting trade happy hahah

wadespeer1
      Participant

Thoughts on playing Fusitua v Manly over Staines v Canberra?

wadespeer1
      Participant

@KerrodW
      While Fifita is definitely going very well I don’t think those trades benefit you getting in someone who could be gone next week, Riki is still a safe play in 17s

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by wadespeer1.
      • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by wadespeer1.
        KerrodW
        Participant

Thanks Wade,

Looking at it, I agree, just think I’m getting fomo not having fifita, but it’s the better play to hold.

Bevchenko
      Participant

@wade I’m in the same situation, think Staines will find it tough, i’ll reluctantly be playing Fusi.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Bevchenko.
      Jeff
      Participant

Coming off a bit of a shocking start with some plays that have not played off (e.g. Sitili & Fogarty this week, although captained Papz). I’m out to 15k ranking, am going Fogarty to Swalker for cash because need to beef up CTW.

Currently going Niu to To’o, but wondering whether to go Nofo as a points play this week based on PTH c Tigers match ups.

Thoughts or other plays? (Hace Capewell and Laurie as only other locks CTW playing)

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey mate, trades look great to me. I think To’o is an absolute must, and his price is on the way up. With his base playing in a gun team I’d be getting him in over Nofa. Nofa’s price is dropping at the moment, so hopefully he can be picked up in a couple of weeks at a discount.

– Tim W

luke richo
      Participant

Hi team, like everyone have the Fifita issue. Considering Welch and Tupounia out for Fifita and Wilton. Wilton doesn’t sit well with me but loving Fifita (and Welch/Tupounia going ok but both could score 50 each week where Fifita could get that himself most weeks… I saved one trade earlier so if Wilton role changes can turn into James as a solid 40-50 reserve 2rf and would be happy with that. Current team below for full picture

Brailey/Watson
      Paulo/Welch/stefano/Leniu
      Angus/Barnett/Tino/Tupounia/Riki/Blore
      Cleary/Walker
      Walker/Schuster
      Capewell/fergo/Laurie/Niu/Staines/Fus/suali
      Teddy/pap

Brew
      Participant

Hey @jrharris

Whilst Nofo has a potentially great matchup this week, Too base + upcoming draw is such a safe play.

Nofo might drop a bit more in the meantime and you can grab him a little cheaper.

Brew
      Participant

@lukericho if you can use Riki/ Tuponua to get to Fifita I’d do that.

I’d be holding Welch myself for a few more week.

jakeh2020
      Participant

Thinking of trading Hoy > niko
      Teddy to RTS

Warriors have a great run vs cows and manly twice. Would have to not play niko when they play Melbourne and eels.

Thoughts or am I trying to hard to find pods

Bevchenko
      Participant

takes a brave man to get rid of Teddy!

Bevchenko
      Participant

J Riki or R James for 17th man?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Riki for me Bev, should play 80 minutes again, James only about 40. Decent attacking upside to Riki, bit of a HIA risk for James at the moment too.

_ Tim W

Jeff
      Participant

Thanks for the “not crazy” validation lol, and the reply in general.

Have subscribed as really stoked with the content and what you’re building. Cheers weapons

I am thinking of trading Barnett to Fifita. Is that to sideways as it’s the only way I can get Fifita this week. Or do I downgrade Joe O to Wilton and use the cash next week for upgrading Welch to Fifita via duals? Thanks

jakeh2020
      Participant

Hey all, I’m ranked top 1000.

Thinking of trading teddy for the first time ever.

Teddy > RTS
      Capewell > Dfifi

What do you think of these trades?

Pablo Bill
      Participant

I think it comes with great risk considering Ted ownership in top 1,000. Could be a masterstroke with RTS low ownership but I’d be backing Ted to outscore RTS week on week. A couple of failed attacking stats last week Ted missed and he would have cracked 100+ again.

I’d be looking at an alternate way to get DFifi

Brew
      Participant

@dirtymike I’d find another way. Barnett has a 75 average without the goal kicking.

Crystal2021
      Participant

Tossing up playing S Crichton or R Smith?

Brew
      Participant

If anyone has any last minute trade Q&A hit me up and I’ll help out!
      Nothing but time today 🙂

MunsterMash
      Participant

So with a bunch of cheapies looking to be peaking in the next couple of weeks, what is everyone thinking of doing?

– The Broncos play rd 13, do you hold Riki/Niu until then? I’m personally going to look to upgrade Niu as there are plenty of good CTW choices for the byes, but Riki might be a decent hold.
      – Any other cheapies worth holding until 13 beyond the obvious ones (Watson, Brailey)
      – What decent downgrade options stand out? Im definitely hoping Tuipulotu will get a run at the Sea Eagles, but don’t know of many others that are close? Maybe someone from the Warriors might pop up, like Curran?

– Anyone got any idea on guys that could get a run around origin?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by MunsterMash.
      Brew
      Participant

Egan Butcher, Sualli at the chooks. Hynes (unsure his price) at storm. Dunster at Parra. A bunch of Panthers too.

Niu/ Riki hold unless it’s the difference in getting a gun. So many rounds until origin it’s a long hold. I’ll hold Niu if possible.

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.