NRL Round 4 chat

SC Playbook Forums 2021 NRL SuperCoach season NRL Round 4 chat

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Drop all your NRL SuperCoach questions and feedback ahead of Round 4 here.

luke richo
      Participant

Hi guys – Peachy at ctw looks a great option in this new role. Probably end up around $435-450 – similar base to Capewell.
      Also Schuster is a footballer – tough calls on holding Liddle vs getting Schuster.

michaelfisher
        Participant

Hi Luke,
        Yep Peachey could definitely be a gun at CTW. I’d probably wait a couple of weeks to see his minutes though. He played 44 mins last week and 43 the week before. I’d like to see him playing 50+ mins regularly.
        Yeh Schuster looks a weapon! I think trading Liddle to him is solid as. If you there are better trades to be made, I think a case can be made for holding off a week. They’d need to be cracking trades though!
        Cheers,
        Fish

luke richo
        Participant

Thanks guys – the more I thought about it I’m content going Liddle to Schuster and getting Fergo in for base and upside looking at eels draw for the next 5-6 weeks and saves cash.

bennyc43
        Participant

The peach has been playing some good football. He is on my list. I have a few players before him
        – Crichton for 60k more at fullback for a few weeks,
        – Fergurson with some good matchups,
        – Gagai/Johnston could go large a few times over the next month,
        – of course there is Laurie, Nofaluma, Niu, Capewell, To’o

I would like to squeeze Peachey in if I can in the next few weeks if his minutes are up and I don’t have bigger issues.

Brew
      Participant

@lukericho I’m also looking at Peachy. 440k for a ctw / 2fr is very juicy. Always tough to pick after moving week.

I’ll probably have to prioritise Cody over Schuster

Brew
      Participant

Contributors,

Who took your eye in the opening 3 rounds as a serious keeper, borderline gun?

michaelfisher
        Participant

Great man Brew!
        Latrell has really caught my eye. His base has dropped off a bit since the first game. He usually takes a little while to warm-up to the season. This year he’s started on fire though, which makes me wonder if he’s going to go to the next level.

SC Playbook
          Keymaster

Brewster! Dane Gagai is one for me that really appeals. I’ve never been a fan of him in SuperCoach, but his base is through the roof and he’s playing on that lethal left edge at the Rabbitohs. I’d still be tempted to pay the extra money for To’o, but gee he looks enticing outside Cody Walker.

– Tim W

Papa
      Participant

Klemmer or Paulo? I can’t decide who to take for the same money. I can’t see klemmer getting a re call to origin after last year. Paulo has the attacking upside but klem will give you 70 in base each week. Who would you take and why?

michaelfisher
        Participant

Agree Klemmer looks a more solid option Papa. Paulo’s minutes were down last week for some reason.

Brutus
      Participant

My preferred trade is Ben Hunt and Jimmy the Jet to get me To’o and Schuster (I have Isaako & Niu in my CTW and I’m concerned about the Broncos upcoming run). But I’m tempted by a Ben Hunt & Bayley Sironen trade to get Cody Walker and $250k forward like Leniu given the Bunny’s run. I already have Luai in at 5/8. Is getting Cody as well as Luai too much of a luxury when my CTW is still pretty week?

michaelfisher
        Participant

I’d go the first option Brustus. Not owning Walker is a worry, but I think the first trade will work out better in the long-term.

Hayne Bit My
      Participant

I am also keen to hear thoughts on Cody Walker. I have Luai and was always going to trade him to Walker from this round but Luai v Manly looks juicy too. Should I wait a week?

The Integrity Unit
        Participant

Luai to Walker looks a bit sidewayish

bennyc43
          Participant

I am holding Luai, I don’t know if I am going to be able to sit by and watch Munster and Walker both ton-up this week. Like Brutus my CTW needs some strike power.

Beagles
      Participant

I have 2 choices on trades
      Liddle/Lam -> cwalker/schuster – favoured trade
      or
      Joe O/Lam -> Too/Schuster – which allows liddle one more price rise and gets rid of Joe O who will lose money. Will bring in Cwalker next week

So the question is who is more important this week Too or Cwalker?

michaelfisher
        Participant

Agree with your favoured trade Beagles. CWalker the priority based on the matchup for mine, even though it would be nice to trade out Joe O. Points over cash.

Beagles
          Participant

Thanks Michael, just locked it in!

KerrodW
      Participant

Gday lads,

Thinking of going liddle to Schuster and then have 440k for a ctw or second rower if I sell Saab, or 480k for a ctw or second rower if I sell fus.

Thinking Hudson young or someone like peachey. Thoughts?

Getting a second rower will alloy me to move down capewell to the centre’s.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by KerrodW.
        michaelfisher
        Participant

Do you own Fergo, Kerrod? I probably prefer him, until there’s more certainty about Peachey’s minutes.

Harry’s Reasons
      Participant

Please rate these HFB-5/8 duos as trade-ins to fix the Keary-Lam combo?
      Option A – Cleary & Schuster
      Option B – S.Walker/SOS & C.Walker
      Option C – SWalker/SOS & Schuster (CWalker next week)

SCSpy
      Participant

Troops.. Interesting one this week. Option to hold Luai and forego Cody. I think the way Luai is playing and how Manly are travelling it makes sense to see how it plays out! Also allows me to grab another centre from Souths for their run. Likely Alex Johnson! thoughts?

Harry’s Reasons
        Participant

G’day Spy – Luai to Cody seems like a luxury trade on paper (both have ideal matchups, plus the very long season, and Luai also plays R13). I’m still torn not having Cody though.

Miss Jane
      Participant

Hey Spy, I have Cody and Watson @ 5/8. Everyone is on the Schu Schu train (pun intended), do you think he’s a must have? I could trade Hodgo out at hooker and move Watson up (Hodgo still has money to make, not quite as much as Schuster) and get a gun CTW. Thoughts? Alternatively, I could get Munster in by doing the same move and run Cody and Munster at 5/8 with crap CTWs.

The Integrity Unit
      Participant

Thoughts on anti-podding the Schuster trade this week? My team is already set up with a stack of cashcows & plenty in the bank. I can trade Morgan & Liddle out to get Sam Walker & Cody Walker/Munster (via Conor Watson) – which is obviously more of a points play – keeping Dylan Brown for his good upcoming run as well.

Surely Sam Walker will make enough money himself to justify chasing points this week, without missing out on decent price rises at the same time?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey mate, yeah it’s tough one, I see the desire to bypass him but I just can’t help but think people are massively overthinking it. The bloke is $200k as an 80 minute backrower with an 88 in his 3RA with a breakeven of -65, on top of that he has a Supercoach friendly game and looks a fairly safe play in 17s. Imagine if he came out and matched Cody or whoever this week and had a $150-200k price swing on them in the process. Who are your current 5/8s and hookers?

– Tim W

The Integrity Unit
          Participant

Thanks for the reply Tim.
          Currently have Brailey & Liddle at hooker, Dylan Brown & Watson 5/8.

SC Playbook
            Keymaster

No worries mate, I think Liddle – Schuster looks pretty strong.

But back yourself, could be a huge anti-POD play, especially as most will play him in 17s.

The Integrity Unit
              Participant

I think I’ve settled on Liddle to Schuster and Simonsson to Crichton. Will still get the cash grab with Schuster, and a potential POD points play with big upside in Crichton

michaelfisher
      Participant

Don’t mind that play TIU. Brown could explode at any stage. It would be nice to wait on S Walker, but his job security looks pretty solid.

Hayne Bit My
      Participant

Hey Spy, I also have Luai and I am just going to keep him. I am trading Roberts to To’o although having capewell, staines and To’o in my backline isnt ideal.

luke richo
      Participant

Hi Spy, long season and luai should free up and run more with attention off him this week with Cleary back, burton/Crichton in different positions should relax luai to just play. And an extra ctw to strengthen a weak position this year seems the sensible way to go – (although I just checked ur team and u have To’o, Capewell, Laurie) so depends if You’d sit Staines this week against manly to play Johnson against dogs? Tough choice as it’s coming down to play maker vs playmaker and ctw that could go low but both could also score 3 tries this week. Walker will play origin now no keary you’d think unless they went wighton – so luai plays the first bye…

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by luke richo.
      Steve Heavener
      Participant

I’d go Klemmer. I love Paulo for upside but can see Parra resting him when they get out to a healthy lead, like they did against Sharks.
      I think 70 points for Klem is realistic. Round 1 and 3 he got increased mins due to injury.

Steve Heavener
      Participant

I’d wait a week for the Panthers vs Manly matchup and do the trade next week.

MunsterMash
      Participant

Hey guys!

Keeping it simple this week.
      – Liddle to Schuster
      – Collins to To’O via duals. Though Gagai is awfully tempting

Miss Jane
      Participant

Hey Tim, I’m pretty sure you have Hodgson and Brailey in you HKR and Watson and Walker in your 5/8. If your only way to Schuster is selling Hodgson, would you do it?

MunsterMash
        Participant

Yeah, I think if you need the cash for future moves, its something you may need to do.

For me, there’s a few guys I am going to be looking to upgrade soon so the money is a must.

Brew
      Participant

Papa –

I own Paulo, can’t complain but I prefer Klemmer with his pedigree and consistency. Minutes aren’t a concern either.

Brew
      Participant

Hey miss Jane. Would need to legend to confirm himself, but sure he said he was doing this on the podcast.

Justrayza
      Participant

Thinking of Trading Out Mitchell Barnett for Marata Niukore and with the extra cash going Fanitesi Niu to Gagai with the run coming up.
      I’m at a crossroads with Niukore and the move is really just to have decent 2RF points-wise whilst I generate some cash elsewhere to trade him to someone else later on.

Any thoughts on Niukore from the crew (Rubbish Move? Interesting?)

WoolyScore
        Participant

I like Nuikore but I wouldn’t be giving Barnett. Find another way or pass.

WoolyScore
      Participant

Anyone concerned that Hynes has moved onto the bench for Storm? I have C on Papy and concerned he goes off early.

WoolyScore
      Participant

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by WoolyScore.
      Brew
      Participant

I can’t see Papy going off, if he did it’s because the storm are flogging them big time in which Papz would already have a big ton. @wooly

Brew
      Participant

I wouldn’t be trading Barnett. Has runs on the board this year, may have a reduced output this week with the calf niggle, sure, but the trade you’re talking about it a H2H type trade imo.

Border Sc
      Participant

Is it wise to go with Peachey and Capewell at ctw? Base is great, mins not great. Others already have Laurie, To’o and Staines.

Brew
      Participant

@Brutus sure hope you went the B2 option!! CTW1 for sure this year.

Brew
      Participant

They certainly offer you a great floor. Peach you might need to keep an eye on minutes, start or bench he seems locked into that 40-45 minute role.

Can he keep up his current PPM?

I’d personally rather someone who has a solid floor with higher upside, your Fergo types. Olam seems to have a 40 type floor without attacking stats, and Storms upcoming run is legendary.

@border

greenmachinejake
      Participant

Fellas, got the vc on T’oo. Worth a loop or keep the C on Papenhuyzen? I don’t have Saab as an AE.

Brew
      Participant

Who’s your likely AE?
      What’s your expectation for Papz v Broncos?

greenmachinejake
      Participant

Probably a centre wing, Fus,Simmo or Niu. Expecting Papz to score 100+ but is it worth just locking in the points?

Brew
      Participant

If papz gets a ton it’s not worth it.
      Full disclosure I’m expecting a Papz ton too. So much so I’m considering Teddy to Papz.

Brew
      Participant

Time to help Brew….

I can get Munster/ Cody in (second trade simple up/ down cow move).

Or… Balls to the walls.

Papz in for Ted.
      Cody in for Bunt.
      +200k itb.

Synopsys:
      If Teddy scores 70, 85, 85 next 3 weeks (great scores yes) NZ, Sharks, Storm.

He loses 140k.

I have Mitchell peaking at 650-675k over the coming month with an 80avg

Over the same period I have Papz hitting 700k.

In one month, Tedesco, Papz, Latrell under these conditions would be within. A 100k range.

Add to that, Ponga and Turbo will be back and nearing there first price movements – flush for options based on price/ draw.

Open to feedback.

Border Sc
      Participant

Brew, If you can wait 1 week, Teddy playing warriors who are 7-10th this year so will get a good idea of his Avg without experienced halves. Still think he averages in the 90s

SCSpy
      Participant

Sorry I’m late on this! I would have taken the Schu but holding Hodgson is ok also… what did you do ?

Brew
      Participant

@borderSC that’s part of my debate. He will lose 50k potentially but he’s also Tedesco.

Beagles
      Participant

Walker or Munster so hard to make a decision!

Brew
      Participant

Who’s your fullbacks?
      That’s literally how id decide. If it’s Latrell, pick Munster. If it’s Papz, pick Walker.

Beagles
      Participant

Teddy and pap. So walker looks the go

Brew
      Participant

That’s what I would do mate.

shaunxuefengwang
      Participant

I VC To’o too. My opinion is that To’o might have a LB in the second half that’s no recognized so at 126, it’s a more compelling captain option. If Papi or Latrell beats 126 and I didn’t captain them, I can live with that. My AE is Jimmy the Jet at 30 points.

MunsterMash
      Participant

That is the record broken by Papenhuyzen. What a game!

Brew
      Participant

It certainly will be a new record. Around 215 I reckon once he gets the EOs and possibly a TA.

He was so close to another 2 TA LBA and the try under the posts were Croft tackled him.

christopher.langton
      Participant

Molan or James for last reserve?

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.