NRL Round 2 chat

SC Playbook Forums 2021 NRL SuperCoach season NRL Round 2 chat

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Drop all your NRL SuperCoach questions and feedback ahead of Round 2 here.

Brew
      Participant

Who caught your attention most lads, that you weren’t expecting too?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Isaiah Papali’i came from nowhere with big minutes off the bench Brewster, will wait and see if he plays the same time this week. Hudson Young looked very good in 80 minutes, pod perhaps? Cooky/Api hit the skids big time, Api 48 only minutes!

– TW

ShowusyourJohnson
      Participant

Had a great start with getting 1366 pre lockout. What has let me down is my centres. Is it stupid to downgrade a prem 2FR like David Fifita to bring in To’o? Feel like it’s a waste of a trade but also feel will get left behind with my centres

hyldnir
      Participant

I think mostly everyone is behind in their CTW. I think the top 5 picks in CTW were all cheapies and all 40+% owned. Personally im targeting Capewell, its not a massive leap from someone like Averillo which I have. Just try and play the top base options you have at the moment and hopefully you generate cash elsewhere to use as a tool to upgrade. And people like Staines score a double/triple in the upcoming weeks 🙂

Brew
        Participant

Capewell is a great option. I started with him without hesitation.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Brew.
      Cob
      Participant

So I stupidly started with lolo.
      Do I ride him out one more week? Or look to go him to Barnett this week?

Also, thoughts on mead for broncos?

Brew
      Participant

@cob another look at Lolo. That coach rocket will fire him up.

Brew
      Participant

Wasted trade mate. Sideways. Patience and use the cash cows.

Miss Jane
      Participant

FYI guys, there are some ladettes that play Supercoach, well try to. Wondering whether Lodge is a trade asap… not sure why I gave him a chance. Thoughts?

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Love it Miss Jane! May need to get a female contributor on site in future to balance things out a bit more!! Just a wait and see how long Lodge is out for, it’s not believed to be a bad hamstring strain, so may be anywhere from 1-4 weeks. Tempted to hold as I think there’s inevitable price rises, but may take some time with the slow start. Would understand trading this week if we get bad news before the weekend begins.

– TW

amy.satchell
      Participant

Totally miss Jane. I have been playing for five years and whilst I love the boyo banter there are a few of us out there (🙋‍♀️). I’m pleased with my start of 1314 but should have gone with my gut and not gone with Murray. So my question is- though duals i need to deal with the following issues:
      – I need to beef up my centres and have capewell. I will hold Staines for a little to see if he lifts against their soft opposition coming up. I could trade Murray to a centre
      – I want to get rid of Lam. I don’t rate his service. But maybe need to watch another week.
      – I think Rapana looks really strong- and mead not too bad.

Any thoughts on where is a bigger priority: Hooker, Centre or the kicking Mitchell Barnett.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by amy.satchell.
      Brew
      Participant

Hi Amy,

I personally would not be trading Murray. In that South’s side he’s bound to get some offensive bumps against lesser sides. Doesn’t get any tougher then the storm.

Re Lam, same boat here. Need to watch for TLT, with Friend/AK injured there’s a real possibility we saw Lam move positions, with Walker and or Sualli coming in. If Lam moves to 9 he’s a hold, if he’s benched you trade. If he’s still 5/8 I’ll be waiting one more week with Angus out and other priorities.

Assess the draw of your ctw if cheap to determine whether that’s your primary need. Prior to the Brian Kelly injury news I was adding a 3rd gun CTW myself.

Brew
      Participant

Miss Jane – 3-4 weeks isn’t too bad providing you can cover the loss. Which for a 300k player you probably can.

That said, if you went Lodge to Leinu (as an example) and the 80k was enough to add a keeper / gun. I’d do it.

luke richo
      Participant

Is Welch to To’o wasting a trade? Just think Welch gets 55-65 points next 5 odd rounds – where To’o I see getting 55-90 especially on left side – so points more beneficial than slow cash made from Welch?

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by luke richo.
        SC Playbook
        Keymaster

I don’t think it’s wasted.

Welch may make a little bit of coin, but with 50 minutes last week he isn’t going to go too big.

As you said, To’o potentially has huge scores in him every week in that Panthers side and can solidify your CTW big time.

– TW

Brewski
      Participant

Hey guys I have Kelly is trading him for Corey Thompson a good idea then it would leave me enough cash to upgrade lam to brailey… Thompson has a decent enough base and I want some of the Titans pie with broncos and cows coming up..

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey Brew,

Not overly keen on Thompson. Only based 23 last season playing between fullback and wing, generally very early 20s on the wing.

Reliance on tries on the wing so not convinced.

The draw is tempting, but at $421k surely there’s better? Job security also an issue.

– TW

luke richo
      Participant

Hi guys

Getting a second look at Mahoney seems a legit option which I’ll be probably going next week.
      With next 6 rounds only plays Raiders as top team, a lot a bankwest – he’s a serious option. Just his running and kicking this year – on top of tackling. And as a bonus will make a lot of cash in that time

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by luke richo.
      • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by luke richo.
        SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Big time Richo! Did you jump on for last night’s game???

luke richo
      Participant

No I didn’t, I have Watson/Liddle and Walker/Hoy combos so gave them one more week to get better idea but Will probably upgrade Liddle/Hoy next week to Mahoney.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.