2022 NRL SuperCoach pre-season

SC Playbook Forums 2022 NRL SuperCoach pre-season 2022 NRL SuperCoach pre-season

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      SC Playbook
      Keymaster

Drop your SuperCoach team questions below for the SC Playbook contributors and community to discuss ahead of Round 1!

Bevchenko
      Participant

Happy New Year everyone!

Anyone casually started looking into the new season yet? I’ve not really done anything as waiting for the rule changes.
      Keen to look at Aitken and Schuster now they have picked up dual positioning.

Hoping for another strong year lads! (and lasses)

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Happy New Year Bev, great to be back into it!

We’ve been looking since last season finished…

Aitken looking super popular at this stage, only concern (aside from injury history), if NRL rules stay fairly similar to 2021, are we better off chasing the high ceiling CTWs rather than back-rowers?

Granted Aitken was huge to finish the season.

– TW

luke richo
      Participant

Hi lads – great continual content across all sports! For the sake of my family I withdrew from bbl SuperCoach ranked 65th after round 9. Too many round changes/full teams out with covid etc etc. which was frustrating me to no end.
      I’ve promised my wife NRL will be different this year haha it’s too addictive.
      Hope the mighty Raiders go well this year ! Go boys !

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey Richo,

That’s an outstanding husband move and I hope the wife appreciates the sacrifice and delivers plenty of browny points heading into the NRL season!

It was a chaotic finish to the season with rescheduling so understandable.

Up the Raiders and bring on the NRL! Can’t wait to get stuck into it.

– TW

Bevchenko
      Participant

Good to see you back Luke, think we will end up with plenty of COVID issues in Supercoach too. Would be interesting if they make any changes to the trades given the uncertainty. We wait patiently…

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Think that an auto-emergency for each position will be required like the BBL and AFL do, makes sense. Changes will be very interesting.

luke richo
          Participant

Will definitely be interesting – team depth is a must this year for sure and big decisions looming already regarding turbo/Cleary/Fifita etc and Grant/Munster even tho miss first 2 games.

SC Playbook
            Keymaster

The Turbo/Cleary decisions are so important, it’s exciting because with the cap space it’ll lead to some fairly different looking squads which is exciting. Do you have either in your side at this stage?

– TW

luke richo
              Participant

Long way out and no one knows squads etc but I’ll be going Teddy/pap combo think they match turbo this year and for value so I didn’t think twice on that one – if Cleary named round 1 I’ll have him – if he’s not big decisions- but I’m floating keary or Sam Walker as think roosters will come out firing. (Floated hynes due to more touches, prominent in attack maybe goal kicks – however new role, new team and $$ – I don’t see him any better then a roosters half even without goal kicking roosters will double what sharks score as a team – So for me it’s Cleary first if named, if not I’ll be looking at a rooster.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 2 hours ago by luke richo.
      Bevchenko
      Participant

I had Cleary, also had 5 blank spaces for when I ran out of $ 🙂

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Get used to seeing that in your draft teams while desperately trying to find different ways to somehow squeeze Turbo and Cleary! Haha

Bevchenko
      Participant

Happy Supercoach Day everyone!

luke richo
        Participant

What a great day – 5 extra trades and anytime use of 5 trade round will really separate a lot of teams throughout the season. Going to be a fun strategic year for sure, especially when covid hits teams.

Bevchenko
      Participant

fresh from the DT;

NEW IN 2022

MORE TRADES

Increased to 42 (up from 37) to account for Covid disruptions and stricter concussion protocols.

TRADE BOOST

Five Trade Boosts can be used in any round to gain an extra trade for that week, up to a maximum of three per regular round or four during the byes. These bonus trades can be activated any round and come out of your total of 42. You can choose to use some, all or none of your five available Trade Boosts. The Trade Boost option replaces Super Trade Week.

CHANGE TRADES AFTER LOCKOUT

Change your trade plans during a round? Now as well as the beloved reverse trades button (only available before lockout) you have ultimate flexibility to adjust your moves after lockout.

PLAYER POSITION UPDATES

At regular intervals during the season, the KFC SuperCoach team will reassess player positions and assign dual-position status to players if their on-field role changes. The updates will be provided ahead of rounds six, 12 and 18.

CUSTOMISABLE LEAGUES

Any experienced KFC SuperCoach knows public and private leagues are where the real action is at. Now you can tailor your league:

– Create and join leagues at any time during the season

– Create private leagues of 6-20 teams, customise your fixture by selecting your start round and finals system (top five, top six or top eight)

– Select custom secondary rankings: percentage or total fantasy points

LEAGUE FINALS SERIES

The league finals have been brought forward a round and will now conclude in round 24. This is because mass resting of players in round 25 creates an uneven playing field for the league grand final.

TRADE ASSIST (SUPERCOACH PLUS)

Use our smart technology to help with every step of the selection process: Intelligent Auto-Pick helps pick a team fast, the Optimise button helps select the best team from your 30-player squad each round and new Intelligent Auto-Trade suggests the best move for your team every round.

Get access to these tools with SuperCoach Plus – the ultimate tool toturbo-charge your KFC SuperCoach team with extra stats and features including score and price projections, break evens, player notes, live trade data, player notes, access to the early team picker and more.

Thoughts? Not a fan of the trade assist means the casuals will get optimization without the research!

Craig
      Participant

Happy SC 2022 Everyone!

My missus keeps telling me that SC is not real and I’m not an actual coach. Pffffft!! It sure feels real to me when I cop an injury to a gun 5 minutes in to a game, my captain scores 26 points, I’m yelling at the TV telling my players off, and my trading strategy is blown by round 8! Ohhh the pain of SC. But, then there’s the highs too. I bloody love it and I’m 100% addicted.

Covid has not been kind to my SC efforts over the past 2 seasons. I consider myself to be one of the unluckiest SC players there is. As an example, cast your mind back to the 2020 season…………after 2 rounds I was sitting in 103rd position. My best start to a season ever. Then on 23rd March 2020 the NRL gets cancelled. That’s my bloody birthday! I swear to god I nearly cried. The NRL resumed a few weeks later with revised rules that blew my team strategy off the water and I ended up finishing nowhere near the front. Last season I finished with 11 injured players. No more to be said about that!

Anyhow, I’m thinking that this year may be worth the risk starting without Turbo and Cleary, and use that additional cash to select a team which has decent depth at all positions. At this stage I’ve gone with a swag of mid-priced players who will hopefully make me some decent early cash due to increased minutes or a beneficial change of position. This strategy will either kill my hopes immediately, or it may turn out to be a stroke of genius.

With this strategy I’ve gone with a Papy / Teddy combo and built the team around them. I know that there’s no point getting too excited before we’ve seen the trials and the round 1 team lists have dropped, but at this point in time the team looks pretty damn good to me. To be fair, this is already the 12th version of my team, but I’ve done my research dammit!!!

I’d be keen to know if anyone else is daring to consider starting without Cleary even if he is selected for round 1? If he has a few average games by his standards to start the season perhaps his price will drop a bit and I could consider bringing him in around rounds 4 to 6.

Good luck this year everyone. God knows, I’ll definitely need some.

SC Playbook
        Keymaster

Hey Craig,

SuperCoach is life, and in time I’m sure you missus will learn to appreciate that! Haha

It has been a tough few seasons all round, this one won’t be any easier. As for strategy, I’m leaning towards the same as you in avoiding Cleary/Turbo straight up as I think that cash for squad depth will be vital.

Turbo also has a brutal first two rounds, so hopefully the Dogs in round 3 contain him to sub 200 before a round 4/5 pick up at a big discount, will be a nervous watch.

Good luck mate, keen to chat throughout the pre-season and nail down that side.

– TW

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.